Chapter 23

Running through the thick forest, you encountered some Demon Slayers' corpses and made notes of their locations so they could be retrieved later before continuing to move forward.

Your parrot landed on your shoulder after having a quick flight through the sky, monitoring the forest from above. Having good eyes, the parrot was able to note some odd things that were happening.

"I GOT SOMETHING! CAW!" Rin tin-tin screamed. 

"A BOAR-LOOKING DUDE IS GETTING DECKED BY A BUFF SPIDER DADDY! CAW!" Your mind quickly went to Inosuke while simultaneously ignoring that your parrot just called a demon Daddy.

"Which way?" Rin tin-tin left from your shoulder, leaving you to follow the bird from behind.

"THERE! CAW!"

Your eye's landed on a large buff body across the river, with a head that looked like a spider and white hair covering it. Also, you noticed Inosuke, bloodied and injured from the fight that he had with the monster.

Jumping from tree to tree, you leaped forward to the sky above the river, with the moon glowing in the night making it easier to see from there.

And seeing Inosuke is being crushed to death by the demon made you click your tongue, gripping the handle of your sword tightly.

"Breath of ice, fifth form..." Aiming for the neck, you got a clean-cut that got through, cutting its arm in the process that was gripping Inosuke with ease and landing on the ground safely.

The head slightly shifted, while the arm fell to the ground alongside Inosuke, breaking into pieces, almost as if it had been in a freezer for a long time.

"Frost Bites." Clicking your katana back into its scabbard, the neck and head of the demon broke into frozen fragments, making them fall everywhere while letting it slowly decay, turning into dust.

Man, that was easier than I thought. You thought to yourself staring at the clothing that was left from the demon's corpse.

A pained groan from Inosuke made you turn, to see him currently laying on the ground in a very uncomfortable position.

"OH, SHIT– INOSUKE! MY BABY!"

You hurried yourself to Inosuke, realizing he's currently coughing blood made you panic as ever. Carefully put his body in a comfortable position as best as you can.

"Stay here and rest, okay?" Taking off your haori, you planned to cover Inosuke with it which he weakly slapped away.

"NO! I WANNA KICK BALLS!" Again, he coughed, making you cringe at his voice that sounded hoarse. 

"You can do it later. Just wait here until help arrives." You said while placing your haori over his body. Before the boar even gets the chance to say something back, Rin tin-tin arrived.

"HELP IS COMING! HELP IS COMING! CAW!" Your bird flew circles above you, before landing on your shoulders.

"HASHIHARA SHINOBU AND GIYUU! CAW! BRINGING MANY DEMON SLAYERS AND KAKUSHI WITH THEM!" Hearing the news made you sigh in relief. However, your ears hurt hearing Rin tin-tin loud screams, wincing every time the bird does that.

"Lead them to Inosuke." Without a second thought, the parrot carried out your orders, flying away from your shoulder to find and lead the Demon Slayers to the injured Inosuke.

"Close your eyes and get some rest. You did a great job today, you deserve it." You patted his head carefully, hoping that he wouldn't try to get up and make his injuries more painful than it is.

The small action that you gave Inosuke made him feel warm and fuzzy, feeling your hand patting the head of his boar mask calms him down, even though you didn't really pat his head but his boar mask.