Chapter 24

"Well shit." You were seated on a wooden bench inside a courtroom near the wooden fence. Sitting in the judge's seat was none other than Oyakata–sama with all his glory, accompanied by all the Hashira that surrounded Ubuyashiki alongside his two children who stood each on his sides. 

And the middle of the room was Tanjiro, tied down on a wooden chair looking dead as ever.

Tanjiro will be judged today right after the mountain Natagumo incident, and unfortunately, you were caught up in the mess so you were forced to be present for this whole ordeal.

Everyone stood up, except Tanjiro, who was unable to do so and bowed towards Oyakata-sama.

"Master, I sincerely pray for your increased happiness. It is good to see you so healthy." Your brother raspy voice greeted Oyakata-sama with the most calming tone that you could imagine.

"Thank you, Sanemi. But if I may ask..."

"Is this necessary?" The kind man, Oyakata-sama, questioned the fancy courtroom that may or may not be more expansive than his clothes.

"Of course! If we're about to judge someone we will have to do it flamboyantly!" 

"Judge Freddy style, except it's better." Muichiro nodded his head, agreeing with Uzui, the young hashira then looked to the side with a confused look. "Wait, who's Freddy?"

The Hashira's bickered with each other for a while as they sat down with you accidentally hurt your ass by sitting on the wooden bench, forgetting that it was slightly shorter than usual.

And then there's your brother, glaring at you with the scariest expression that you haven't seen in a while and it made you almost piss your pants. 

"I am sorry to say this but, I have already accepted both Nezuko and Tanjiro." Ubuyashiki spoke, making the large room silent, taking the attention of all who were present " And I want everyone else to do the same."

"Oyakata-sama, we love and adore you very much." –Ubuyashiki softly smiled at Sanemi kind words. "But I think I have to call that bs." He quickly regretted it right after–

"Yeah! I am also against it, protecting demons is against the corps rules! Let's chop off his head alongside the demon!" Rengoku slammed his fist to the table making it vibrate.

"I too, kindly oppose to the idea." The calming voice of the rock hashira agreed to Sanemi.

"So as I" Obanai raised his hand covered with his haori.

"ME FIVE!" Uzui added, making it five hashira's who were against the idea, while the remaining hashira who disagreed nor agreed with Sanemi kept quiet. 

"Do I have a say in this?" Tanjiro whispered and yelled to you as you shrugged your shoulders. 

"Best not to say anything at the moment." You suggested. "If you say the wrong words, it might cause more harm than good." 

"Right..." The boy hesitantly turned back, you can feel his anxiety build up from your seat, staring at the boy with sympathy before turning back to the pillars.

'What a pain...' You thought looking at them with pure disappointment. And here you thought they'd be more understanding of the situation, but nooo they're just going straight for Tanjiro's and Nezuko's heads!

Your eyes then traveled to Giyuu, who stared at the table with a blank expression listening to his fellow hashira's disagreed on accepting the Kamado siblings as they are.

'Tomioka and I will probably receive punishment because of this, dammit.' It truly is, a pain in the ass. You then turned to Oyakata-sama and holy shit you felt like your stomach is doing backflips but in a bad way. Ubuyashiki may look gentle at this moment, but honestly, you can sense his mask barely slipping as his poisonous aura starts to ooze out.