3: Love Is Alright Tonite

━━━━━━ ༻✦༺ ━━━━━━

━━━━━━ ༻✦༺ ━━━━━━

Night had arrived when the train reached Hogwarts. Zabini disappeared amongst the crowd that was evacuating the train. Alethea clung to the back of Draco's shirt with one hand ― the few times she would get jostled around, he would stop and let her grab on once again.

Eventually, they got free of the throng and were able to breathe ― at least, for a moment.

"Aly!" The Beowulf girl nearly fell upon impact as copper curls covered her vision. It didn't take long for her to realize she had been enveloped in a hug by one of her friends, Leona Rosier.

"It is one of your goals in life to steal her away from me, isn't it?" Draco's voice grumbled from beside the girls.

Thea was let out of the strong hug just enough so she could watch as Leona smirked at Malfoy. "No, my lifelong goal is to make your life hell, steeling Thea is a benefit."

He rolled his eyes at this statement before shaking his head. "Just bring my wolf back, you got it, Snitch?"

Leona scoffed at the nickname. Draco, like many Slytherins, had been sold on the lie that the Rosiers had given false claims about Voldemort supporters in order to avoid persecution themselves ― the Malfoys being one of those families. She had been nearly as frightened as Thea when the sorting hat had called out Slytherin. Half of the people in their house were related to or knew someone who hated her family. "And who says she's yours in the first place, Dragon," the girl sneered.

"Oh shut it," he grumbled.

"You shut yourself up," was Leona's uncreative response.

"Will you two stop arguing like an old married couple so we can get on the carriages?" Thea huffed.

Leona put her nose up in the air looking away from Draco while he continued to glower at her. The auburn-headed girl began to guide Thea, who was still in her grip, away and towards the carriages as Thea had suggested. "Come on, Cordy and Nez are waiting for us."

Thea glanced back at Draco as she was pulled away. His jaw was locked, eyes set at a lower simmer at the back of Leona's head. "I'll see you in the Great Hall," she called back. It didn't appear to be enough.

Thea and Leona soon arrived on the coarse mud track where roughly a hundred horseless stagecoaches awaited the Hogwarts students.

It wasn't hard to spot their friends as one of them was sporting deeply hued, blue locks. The girl beside her looked rather dull in comparison; her mousy brown hair nearly blending in with the trees behind them, and her fallen expression made it seem like she wished she blended in completely.