21: It's Okay

━━━━━━ ༻✦༺ ━━━━━━

━━━━━━ ༻✦༺ ━━━━━━

The next batch of holidays arrived in what felt like the blink of an eye. Many Hogwarts students remained at the castle during Easter, but Thea and her brothers were due back at the Beowulf manor as was tradition.

Draco was a bit bitter that he wasn't allowed to see her off at the train station, but the new security measures forbade it. Not all of the Beowulf children were friendless as they walked to the train, however. Théoden was true to his word in inviting the Diggory family over for Easter. Cedric was thrilled. Wyatt was apprehensive. There was no wonder why.

Their family had quite the reputation. They were revered as good and humble wizards. That is until one saw their house. A white-stoned stately home complete with intricate gardens, it was anything but humble. It was the same reason Kaleb refused to let the Weasleys visit.

The day after they had gone home, Wyatt was forced to face his fears. The family of hardworking Hufflepuffs could not hide the shock on their faces when they first saw the building. Wyatt did his best to play it down, but there was no denying that Cedric had a hard time meeting his eye for a few hours after. It wasn't until the pair got to speak alone that he seemed to relax.

Cedric's father, Amos, did his best to talk up his son, but it seemed physically painful in the end as he tried to compare him to Théoden's sons. Neither Ursa nor Théoden looked down on the Diggorys, however. They worked hard to make Mr. and Mrs. Diggory feel welcomed. By the time the evening was creeping on them, the two families were laughing and chatting as if they were old friends. At the very end, Théoden even took it a step further.

"It's getting late, we should be going," Mrs. Diggory had said, glancing at the dark sky outside the broad windows.

"If you must," Ursa responded with what sounded to be genuine remorse. Everyone stood to walk the Diggorys out, but before they could start to move, Ursa took the woman's hand and smiled warmly. "Of course you are welcome to come back for tea anytime, Agatha."

"Not too often," said Cedric's mother, "I'll get too spoiled here." The two women laughed.

Before they could continue again, Théoden looked around as if searching for brooms he knew were not there. "How did you get here, Amos?"

"Oh, we apparated," answered the portly man.

"Apparition?" Théoden looked at the man with wide eyes. "Dear lord man, you should have told me. I've given you far too much to drink to be apparating anywhere."

Amos looked as if he were going to argue but stumbled slightly, forcing his son to grab onto his arm. "Maybe you've got a point. I suppose we can call the Knight Bus."

A wicked grin spread on Kaleb's face. "I hear that's quite the adventure."

"Nonsense," Théoden urged, waving the thought off as if it was hanging in his way. "We have more than enough unused bedrooms in this house. You can stay the night."