Chapter 26

Tris pov

My mind goes to a million different places all at once. First my heart practically leaps out if my chest out of excitement. My mind flashes back to the first time I went zip linging, the wind in my hair, the pure adrelenline that pumped through every vein in my body, it slows back down, Tobias is going zip lining? Will he be alright? What if he's doing this to impress me after what happend with Al, Eric and Drew all those months ago. I don't think he would do that, would he?

I try to cover my face with a mask of excitement, if he is doing this for me I'll make the most of it.

"Really?!" Excitement pours thick from my voice, I hope I don't sound fake.

"Yeah, if you want to of course" He replies, asking my permission, although it seems I should be asking for his.

"I'd love too"

"Great" He smiles, relieved, I guess that I said yes.

"Race you to the top?" I ask, my voice challenging.

"Your on"

"Ready, se- Hey! That's not fair!"

"No one ever said boyfriends are!" He yells back too me, from at least fifty feet away.

I laugh annoyed. Your gonna get it now Eaton.

By the time I get there he's already leaning against the buliding smiling down at me.

"What are you smiling about? Other then that you won, of course"

"Of course" He repeats, but his smile stays.

"Seriously, I want to know!"

"I was thinking about..." His voice trails off, he's either embarrassed about his answer, or dosen't have one. "I was thinking about-"

"Four! Tris! Finally you guys- am I interrupting?" Uriah asks, when did he get here?"

"No man just about to go inside" Four replies, his voice deeper, more masculine then it was a second ago, when he was talking to me -alone.

"Yeah, we were just about to go inside." I look up at Four, he smiles wider, wider then it was before.
"Alright so, I'll see you slowpokes" I take off running, and finish "at the top!"

"Hey who you calling slow!" Uriah calls after me. I dash through the doors, and run to elevator door, I push the call button and wait.

"So how's it been with Four?" Uriah ask walking next to me.

"Great, actually it's bee- Why are you asking?" I raise one eyebrow in question, he laughs, amused.

"I don't know, I guess I wanna make sure your -you and Four I mean- are alright. I mean you guys' relationships hasn't exactly been 'smooth' sailing"

I smile, it's nice to know I have friends to rely on. To get me through roughs times. Bud, Tori, Zeke, Shauna, Christina, Will, Uriah, Marlene, Lynn. All great people, very different people, but we all have at least one thing in common; We're all Dauntless. We're all brave in our unique own ways. And free.

"Things have been great Uri, and thank you"

He laughs sweetly "For what?"

"For being there"

His voice suddenly drops it's usual cocky tone and replaces with a serious but still sweet one instead. "Anytime Tris, anytime"

The elavator doors open just as Four walks up to us, but instead of greeting me he grabs Uriah, putting him in a headlock.