Second in Power

Sapnap POV

I tied my auburn cloak around my neck.
"Purpled I need you to gather the information we have on the Dalhibs. I want the Red Ravens dispatched there by tomorrow's dusk."

"Callahan?"
The mute Duke looked to me.
"Be a mate and gather your Aqua Axolotls. While the Red Ravens attack from the east I have arranged for your team to invade through the south. Figure out the plans with commander Skeppy. He's downstairs."

He nodded and they both dispersed. I tightened my bandana. The soldiers opened the doors and I stepped into the throne room. Where Dream lay lazily over his throne.
"Aahhhh finally. Thought you got sidetracked again."
Yeah sidetracked doing your work.

"Just making arrangements for the time during the quest. Makes for good distraction."
"Indeed."
He sidled over to me, clearly taller but less muscular.

"We need to discuss...your asset. It seems to me that he has become quite sidetracked by a certain beanied man of our enemy."
I knew who he spoke of. Quackity was second in command of Lmanberg and had been growing rather fond of a certain person I was working with.

"I assure you our asset is secure and will not fault us."
I said in the monotone I had grown too familiar to. We walked our way through his halls. I hated it. The power. The smug wealth. The idle life he had with his rule.

"Please see that George is fitted for the quest."
I smiled slyly.
Every man has his weakness.
"Of course. What are your plans for this quest?"

I thought I knew the answer. His silver crown sat straight on his dirty blonde hair.
"I think our new 'teammate' needs to understand just how under control she really is. See to it that they fit her as well."

I was right.
I nearly shuddered.