Round One

Sapnap POV

We followed Dream into the arena. Y/N kept to my side. Was she this close because she knows she's under my control? Or is she...teasing?
Her hand brushed mine, a jolt sent through my nerves.

I pulled away. It didn't matter what I thought. I killed those chances far before they could even happen. She looked up at me. Her E/C eyes hinted mischief. So she was teasing.

"Alright. Today we'll have an audience."
Dream said under his mask, extending his arm up towards the observation box. Two figures sat, patiently waiting for a show.

"These are allies that the kingdom will benefit greatly from if we succeed. They have asked one thing of us: defeat their champion."

One of the figures walked out the box.
"First we will have to warm up. Sapnap with me. Y/N with George."

Y/N POV

We made our way to the weapon stands. Dream took his axe. George took his bow and quiver. Nick reached for his double sword. I brushed his hand accidentally.
"Quit touching me already. I know I'm irresistible sweetheart but it's a little distracting."

My cheeks heated.
"Shut up. I was just trying to reach my scythe."
I grumbled earning a low chuckle from him.
"Careful, you're letting your blush show."
He whispered into my ear, his breath smooth and chilling.

"Stop flirting lovebirds. Sap get over here."
Dream said in a monotone voice, a hint of anger shining through.

I shook myself, readying my scythe in hand.
"You may use anything in your inventory. Those who win go onto the next round. Final winner competes against their champion. Begin!"

I dodged right.
Shoot he's fast!
George was always the person to not get involved with fights if he didn't need to. The peacemaker of the group. This also allowed him to be great in long distance. He almost never misses a shot. Almost.

He shot again. I jumped up. I made sure to roll on the ground.
Think!
Use what you have.
The arena was set up for three dimension fighting, different levels. Platforms were built in the sky.

Another arrow whizzed past, scraping my cheek. I quickly touched the scratch.
Not too deep.
I swung my scythe up and caught the top of the first platform. George's eyes widened. He notched three arrows at once and fired. Two missed again but the third lodged into my calf.
Damn.

I hurled myself onto the platform.
George never misses that often. I haven't swerved enough for myself to be the target.
I lay flat on my stomach. An arrow shot past, nearly cutting my ear off my head.

I looked at the wall. There I could see George's golden arrows, creating a makeshift ladder.
That's what he wants... higher ground.
I checked my person for what I had. My calf was still bleeding badly. I tore off my sleeve and wrapped it around the wound.

George POV

I watched the arrows whirring up till it hit a peak and fell back down. Straight over the platform Y/N was on. I saw her scythe scrape as she frantically fell down. I shot another arrow but somehow she twisted so it did not hit.

How in the hell?
I started making my way to the make shift ladder. Luckily she hadn't noticed it.That's when I heard a thud above me. Y/N was balancing on my top arrow...with a shield in her hand!

I put my bow away and got two arrows in hand.
Too close for shots.
Where the hell is the shield from?

She somersaulted to the next one and swung her scythe. I tried to arch away but it sliced my upper arm.
Shoot!
My arm went numb momentarily. I jabbed down with the other arrow but her feet lifted quickly.
What?

She jumped again!
With her shield in front of her face she came barrelling down at me. I hurriedly latched onto the wall. She rammed into me, my side definitely got bruised.

I looked down. But she wasn't on the floor liked I had expected.
What?!
Her shield was lodged in between the cobble. She knelt down gently, as if to start a race. What is she...
Her E/C eyes whipped up to mine. Filled with victory.
OH NO!

I quickly tried to grab an arrow in my quiver but my arm was still not working properly.
"No no no no!"
I shouted out.

I heard a clang.
"NOOOOO!"
I yelled as I felt her hand grab my collar and yank me to the ground.

We fell in a heap.
I can't breathe!
The air escaped my lungs from the collide.
Next thing I knew I felt sharp metal against my neck. Y/N was swaying over me, bruised and cut...but smiling.

"Y/N IS THE WINNER OF ROUND ONE!"
Dream's voice echoed.