Trust

Y/N POV

His hand seemed to fit into mine perfectly. I may hate him but to have a familiar face in the sea of judging glances was comforting.

He guided me to greet all sorts of people including a short conversation with Puffy and Drista.
"You look stunning!"
I exclaimed hugging both of them tightly.
"Oh so do you! You've grown so wonderfully."

Nick caught a glance of someone else's and gave my arm a light pat.
"Right. Sorry to cut this short but be sure to talk after the first waltz."
They nodded and I lost them in the crowd.

"Y/N this is Karl Jacobs... the man I told you about."

The man in front of me definitely was not from this world.

PAST

"We call him the asset."
He said as he grudgingly walked me through the people who would be attending.

"Why? Is he your hands for less than clean dealings?"
I asked curiously as I stared at his picture. Nick chuckled and shook his head. I felt my spine shiver.
"No sweetheart."

He walked over, glided his hand from my ear to my chin. My skin responded before my mind as it prickled with fire.
"Unlike you he does not deal in illegal activities. In fact he is a time traveler."

"Pffft."
I couldn't help my laughter.
"Hahahaaaaa...you're joking. You're actually joking."
I could feel my stomach getting sore from snorting. He rolled his hazel eyes.
"I'm serious. Here let me show you."

He went through all the events that L'manberg had gone through that Karl had changed.
"So he shifted the time?"
"Yes."
"So he told you about-"
"Wilbur's egotistical climb and the elections"
"Months before hand?!"

He nodded.
"That's how we incorporated George into becoming a second and paying Schlatt to run."
I felt my jaw dropping.
"A-and the egg infection?"
"He saw it overtaking the SMP. So Dream made sure that the badlands would rather be infected first."

Present

Looking at him now I could see his goggles hanging out his blazer pocket, he had a multicoloured bow tie and much shorter hair than any men present.
He's definitely not from this time.

He brightly took my hand and planted a kiss on my glove. I felt Sapnap tense up slightly.
"An honour to meet you Lady Y/N. May I say you look beautiful tonight."
I smiled politely.
"Thank you Mr Jacobs. Lord Sapnap tells me that you're far ahead of your time...in ideas of course."

His freckled face seemed to falter. Nick squeezed my hand in warning.
These walls have ears.
I could practically hear him say.
"I hate to steal her away but it seems that a dance is required."

Nick practically dragged me to the centre where we started the waltz.
"What's your play here?"
He hissed into my ear. I looked up to him perplexed.
"What ever do you mean?"

He arms snaked around my waist.
"Wearing my colour?"
I placed my hand on his shoulder and squeezed. A flash of fire waved through his eyes.
"I didn't see your name on it."
I whispered back.

We moved to the music just like we had done as kids during dance practice.
"Cut the bull. I know you didn't want Puffy and Drista here for simple chats. And I know that you would never agree to a ball if you weren't up to something."

Sapnap POV

I watched her curls twirl as I spun her.
She was definitely hiding something.
As she spun back she came up to my face.
"And why should I trust you?"
She whispered against my lips.

I twisted my head to caress her ears with my lips.
"Your enemies are my enemies. And it's either me or being stuck here."
Her E/C orbs slimmed in thought. She bit her lip. The music faded and the first waltz ended. Everyone clapped.

Just then something smashed into the chandelier. SHOOT!
Magenta dust fell onto the guests and guards. Three figures pushed their way through the flinching crowd. I whipped my head to Y/N.

Her gaze shifted to me and her face showed no surprise.
"Trust me."
She mouthed before ripping her sleeve off and covering her mouth. She tore her other sleeve and muffled my breathing.

The magenta dust fell onto the people who started to sway and fall. Others screamed.
Poison?!
The three figures grabbed us and we ran out the entrance.