03

Harry

My wedding day has arrived, and it's nothing like I ever imagined. I've never been one to dream about weddings, but this situation is far from ideal. The bride, Naomi, seemed terrified when I met her a few days ago. She stared at me like a deer caught in headlights, barely able to form coherent sentences. It was clear she didn't want to be here any more than I did.

I can't say I'm surprised by her reaction. This isn't a fairy tale romance or a love story; it's a business deal. I knew that to gain Roman's trust and eventually take control of the company, I'd have to go through with this charade. Roman thinks he knows all about me, but the truth is, he knows very little.

As I get ready for the ceremony, I reflect on the situation. I never wanted to get married, let alone to a stranger. But sometimes, business takes precedence over personal desires. I have a plan, and I'm willing to pay the price to achieve my goals. If that means marrying Naomi and pretending to be a happily married couple, so be it.

Naomi is undeniably attractive, but her appearance is the least of my concerns. What bothers me is her curiosity, her eagerness to know me better. She seems like the type of person who can't mind her own business, and I have no patience for that. Besides, I've met her mother, and I can't help but think she might be just as unpleasant.

I don't have time for distractions or complications. My focus is on gaining control of the company and ousting Roman. This marriage is a means to an end, nothing more. I'm not here to make friends or form emotional connections.

As I finish getting ready, my friend Niall enters the room. He offers to help me tie my tie, and I gratefully accept. Niall has always been the more easygoing and lighthearted of our group of friends, and his presence is a welcome distraction from the seriousness of the day.

"Stupid shit, I hate tying ties," I grumble as Niall expertly works on my tie.

Niall chuckles, his mischievous grin never far from his face. "Yeah, yeah, back to the girl. What were you afraid that agreeing to meet me would mean she would fall in love with my charming personality? Is she so beautiful you think she would change her mind if she met me before your wedding? Were you afraid that I would pick up your fiancée? Did you like her so much?"

I can't help but roll my eyes at Niall's teasing. "What? No, Jesus, no. Of course not. I didn't like her, I just didn't want to worry her any more. You can see that she is forced to do so, and if she met you even earlier, she would have completely collapsed."

Niall laughs heartily. "Excuse me, what? After all, I am the dazzling, most fascinating and charming man Harry."

I shake my head, playfully annoyed. "Yeees, keep telling yourself that, you idiot. Better go lighten your hair a little more or something."

"Come on, I know you envy my hair, curly. Admit that you liked her a little."

꧁꧂

Finally, Naomi appears in her wedding attire, and despite my reservations, I can't deny that she looks great. She's in a white dress, her brown hair flowing loose, and a veil covering her face. But what catches my attention is the hint of tears in her eyes. It's clear she's been crying.

I suppress any sympathy I might feel for her. This is a business arrangement, and I can't afford to let emotions cloud my judgment. Naomi may be good-looking, but it's her strength and resilience that will determine whether this partnership succeeds.

"Wow, man, I envy you. Such a chance for business and such a girl. You bastard are always lucky. I'm gonna cry, I swear," Niall teased, his blue eyes twinkling with amusement.