13

The looming prospect of attending that dreaded party had me staring at my closet in dismay. The hangers seemed to mock me, each outfit I owned suddenly inadequate for the occasion. I let out a sigh, realizing I needed help – and that help came in the form of my stylish and ever-reliable friend, Alex.

Alex had a knack for fashion, an eye for style that made her the go-to person for fashion advice. While I adored clothes, makeup, and everything related to fashion, there were times when I felt utterly lost in my own closet. No matter how many pieces I had, I often struggled to put together a look that felt just right.

My friend, on the other hand, was always impeccably dressed. As a nail stylist, she understood the importance of presentation. Her outfits were a testament to her creativity and attention to detail, making her the perfect candidate to rescue me from my wardrobe woes.

Alex immediately agreed to come to me and help me.

"Honey. I swear you always look great in everything, but that dress? Did a blind man choose it for you?" Alex started shaking her head in disgust and a grimace appeared on her face.

This hellish party is going to be taking place in a few days at a guy who looks like the Godfather.

I am very excited.

I haven't used my special card yet, like the one in monopoly that you can get out of jail, which is that Harry owes me one favor..

I want to save it for a better day.

I would like to mention that he was a little nicer. I mean, he just ignored me, muttered something under his breath sometimes, but nothing terrible and very offensive. 

Small steps, small progress, but we are moving forward.

However, I knew I couldn't overuse the fact that the last three days had been without threats, etc, and I knew that I couldn't tell any of my friends about the real reason for this party.

So I had to refrain from telling a secret to as many as two people. But, as they say, quality is important, not quantity.

Coming back, however, to what is currently happening. Alex came to see me- I asked her for help in choosing an outfit for this Friday night. She has tremendously good taste and has always advised me. At the moment none of my dresses or suits seemed to make a good choice for her.

This one looks like you pulled it out of the garbage can and put the word channel on it. This one looks good, but it does not fit such a party. This one looks... blah blah blah.

She thinks I have to dress for a fancy party like this at least as if I were going to the Academy Awards.

The truth is I don't want to go there at all and I hope we get it sorted asap so I can go back to apartment.

And I have to help them to steal something. I would not agree to it, but I admit that after this old grandfather treated me, I would like to do something that may harm him.

Well, maybe I'm a bit vindictive by nature. Who knows?

"No, no, no! Naomi, you are supposed to be so rich and you have only ugly things in this fucking closet." She started throwing everything out of the closet on the ground.

She picked up one of the sweaters from the floor, looked disgustingly, tilted her head to the side, raised one eyebrow and made a puke sound, then muttered under her breath 'what the fuck is this shit?'

I got up from my armchair and started picking up my clothes from the floor "They aren't ugly, they're just not your style." She wanted to say something more, but I threw my shoe at her "Think fast!"