Chapter 16: Memories

Y/N's sword slices through Akaza's fist and arm. It goes down in a downward arc and Akaza takes his other hand and forms it into a fist. "It was nice knowing you!" he shouted before launching at Y/N's face.

Y/N spins his blade around and gets it ready to go upward. "Flame Breathing, Second Form: Rising Scorching Sun!" he thought before moving his sword in an upward arc followed by flames.

Akaza jumps back with a massive cut on his chest. Upon landing his cut heals. "What a blade," Akaza said. "It seems to be even better than that Flame Hashira's."

"Shut up," Y/N told him. "First Form: Unknowing Fire!"

Y/N launches himself at Akaza and swings for his head. Akaza leans back and the Demon Slayer flies past him. With Y/N now a fair bit away from him, Akaza used his Compass Needle. He looks at Y/N with a smirk. "I'll make this short for you."

Akaza dashes at him with great speed and throws a punch at his face. "Third Form: Asura's Wrath," he thought as he blocked the punch with his sword.

It absorbs the kinetic energy from the attack and propelled Y/N a good few feet. Y/N stomps his right foot and runs in after Akaza, ready to attack. He swings his blade, unleashing the kinetic energy that he got from Akaza.

Akaza ducks and lined himself up to punch Y/N in the stomach and kill him like how he killed Rengoku. But is met with Y/N's shotgun. Y/N fires and blasts a huge hole in the demon's head but didn't blow the entire thing off.

Akaza fell over and performed a backflip. He lands on his feet and laughs as his head regrew. "Very nice. You really have trained hard and that fighting spirit of yours is insane. Out of the 300 years, I have lived, I've never seen someone like yours. Not even Kyojuro. It's gonna suck when I kill you," Akaza told him.

"I'm sorry, but I have to make a correction. I am not going to die," Y/N said as he breathed flames.

"Oh? Well, you don't have to die... if you become a demon," Akaza stated.

"Do not insult me," Y/N told the demon before unleashing the flame tiger.

Akaza pulls his right arm back and fires a shockwave at it. "Just think about it Y/N!" Akaza said.

Y/N comes out from the flames of his tiger and launches himself at Akaza. "First Form: Unknowing Fire!" he shouted before trying to chop Akaza's head off.

Akaza dodges to the side and avoids it. He then punches Y/N in the ribs and breaks at least three at a time. Y/N spits out blood before he is launched into a wall. As Y/N falls to the ground and spits out even more blood, Akaza tells him "think about it Y/N. You're so strong but you have a limit. That human body restricts you and doesn't allow you to reach your peak. If you become a demon, there's no telling how strong you'll become."

"Why the hell would I become a demon?" Y/N asked. "After everything I've been through, you really think I would throw away my humanity? Demons killed my family. Demons kill innocents. Demons have caused so much suffering in this world. And I have trained to kill demons. And I have trained to kill you and Muzan. Becoming one would throw away everything I believe. It would be betraying my family, the friends I've made, and the woman I love. I swear, I will never become a demon. I will rip and tear until it is done."

"Pitty, but if that's how you want to live, that's how you want to live. And I'll end your pitiful existence right now," Akaza told him before launching multiple shockwaves at Y/N.

"Fourth Form: Blooming Flame Undulation!!" Y/N thought before performing the form.

Y/N takes his shotgun and fires the hook on it at Akaza. He dodges it with ease and grabs the chain and pulls it towards himself. This pulls Y/N in and he lets go of the gun. He slams his feet on the ground and faced Akaza up close.