Normal Day

Sorry for the delay on this chapter. I was mostly done with it but was unhappy with how I've written it and where I was taking things already, so I rewrote half the chapter lol. Anyway, enjoy!

Bennett sat in his room alone. It was the weekend now. He stared at his phone. The numbers of his four friends had been acquired, and he already had Razor's number. He stared at his phone some more.

"I should call someone..." He began. He looked at all of his new contacts.

Xingqiu

Chongyun

Prinzessin Der Verurteilung

Wolf Boy

Barbara

Razor already had a nickname, Fischl nagged everyone to make that her contact, and he didn't have one for Barbara, Chongyun or Xingqiu. Bennett looked at the five contacts. He wanted to set something up for a hangout.

"Hey, I was wondering if you wanted to hang out over the weekend some time! What do you think? All six of us?" Bennett said, practicing what he was gonna say. He was clearly nervous.

"I'm never gonna be able to do this, especially if I ask Barbara. I mean, we've only hung out for one day." Bennett sighed to himself, tossing his phone to the side. As he did, it bounced and began bounding for the floor.

"Huh!? N-No!" Bennett exclaimed, going to catch it. It worked. He caught it in his hands. He let out a sigh of relief. The relief faded in an instant as he looked at the screen.

Calling - Barbara

Bennett didn't say anything to this. He just stared at it as his heart dropped and ran at the same time.

"Don't pick up don't pick up don't pick up don't pick—"

"Hello?" Barbara asked. Bennett stared at his phone. What does he say? Why did she pick up? These were questions that needed to be answered.

"H-Hi!" Bennett replied. There was a moment of silence.

"What... exactly did you call for?" Barbara asked. Bennett didn't say anything for a second.

"Oh... w-well I was wondering if you wanted to hang out sometime either today or tomorrow... of course with everyone else!" Bennett exclaimed, rushing that last part.

"This weekend? Sorry, I can. Me and my sister already made plans." Barbara replied. Bennett stopped panicking.

"Oh." He said.

"Sorry! Oh, I hope you have a good weekend!" Barbara said.

"You too." Bennett replied. She hung up. Bennett stood there in silence.

"W-Well there's everyone else!" Bennett encouraged himself. If he had a functioning conversation with Barbara, he could do everyone else.

"Hello?" Chongyun asked.

"Hi! Wanna hang out this weekend?" Bennett responded.

"Can't. Sorry. Got stuff I need to do." Chongyun replied.

"Moshi moshi?" Xingqiu asked.

"Really?" Bennett replied.

"What?" Xingqiu asked in return. Bennett sighed.

"Anyway, can you hang out—" Bennett was saying before Xingqiu cut him off.

"Sorry, family business has me occupied all weekend." He explained then hung up. Bennett sighed.