[ iv ]

The cool spring air ruffled up both boys' hair. Harry moved a little closer to Draco.

"Where to first, Harry?" Draco asked the other boy.

"Anywhere you want," Harry responded. 

"Can we get butterbeer? You're paying though," Draco snickered.

Harry sighed dramatically. "You're perfectly capable of paying for yourself."

"Well, I just like it better when you pay for me."

"No, you mean you like it better when I do things for you," Harry corrected him.

"That's right, love."

Harry tried not to look bothered by the nickname. He grabbed onto Draco's hand and the blond shot him a curious look.

"Muggle couples do it all the time, they swing their intertwined hands," Harry explained.

"First of all, I am not interested in looking like a psychopath. Secondly, are you implying that we're a couple?" Draco questioned, cocking an eyebrow.

Watching Harry's face turn a bright shade of red, he smiled. "I always knew you fancied me, saint Potter."

"I never said that-"

"Oi, Draco!"

Both of them turned towards where the shout had come from and saw Pansy waving at them from a distance.

"What are you two doing here?" she asked once they were close enough.

"Hanging out," Harry answered, not meeting her eyes.

Pansy gasped, "Like a date? I always knew you two would get there somehow."

"Pansy, it's not a date and we're just friends," Draco protested. He tried to ignore the voice in his head telling him it's a date.

"Whatever. I'm going to meet Theodore, see you lovebirds around!" she joked as she started heading towards the Three Broomsticks.

"She actually wants us to become a couple," Harry said.

Draco chuckled. "I would be the luckiest person on earth to be Harry Potter's boyfriend."

Harry just laughed it off, but he spent that night wide awake wondering if Draco was being sarcastic.