[ v ]

"Y'know," Draco spoke. "I realised I never really knew Lucius."

Harry tore his attention away from his Transfiguration textbook, lifting his head up to look at Draco.

"Do you mind elaborating?"

Draco shook his head, sighing. "Before Hogwarts, he would tell me about the things dark magic could do ; he brainwashed me into thinking it was used for the greater good," Draco paused. 

"From first year till third year, he would lecture me about doing better all the time and I was so, so sick of it. When Diggory died, he changed. He became hungry for power and wanted Voldemort to trust him as much as possible. It was almost as if the man who used to read me bedtime stories was gone."

Harry looked at the blond before speaking. "I realised I had the same issue with Dumbledore."

Draco scoffed, "Please, you were his golden boy."

"It's not as great as it seems. I didn't even know his sister died until after his death. And here's the best part : it was his brother, Aberforth, who told me that."

Draco nodded in understanding. "I never really liked Dumbledore, his robes looked like they haven't been washed in a century."

Harry smacked Draco's arm but laughed anyway. "You might not be wrong."

a/n: HII BFFS LONG TIME NO SEEEEEE