[ ix ]

Draco woke up to see balloons of different colours floating above him.

He grinned and got out of bed.

After washing up, he headed down to the common room where Pansy was waiting for him.

"Happy birthday, Draco," she uttered as she engulfed him in a hug.

"Those balloons were your doing?" he asked, his heart swelling with gratefulness for Pansy.

"Yeah, who else would do something like that for you?"

Harry.

Draco wouldn't be seeing him until that evening, since Harry was going to Hogsmeade with Hermione and Ronald.

He couldn't wait for it.

This was one of the best birthdays Draco has ever had in his entire life.

Pansy got him chocolate frogs while Theodore bought him a book about flowers. Draco didn't have the heart to tell him he had another copy of it at Malfoy manor.

Draco had agreed to meet Harry outside the Gryffindor common room, which was strange because they didn't usually hang out there. The blond decided not to question it, he could trust that Harry knew what he was doing.

He arrived at their agreed location and spotted Harry with his hands behind his back.

"Hey, happy birthday," Harry said. 

"Thank you. How was Hogsmeade?" Draco asked, wondering what Harry was hiding.

"Boring, you weren't there."

Draco felt his cheeks heat up. "Charming, Potter."

"You would be even more charmed after you see what I got you," Harry smiled and handed him a rose, his left hand still behind his back.

Draco laughed and took it from his hand. "What a gentleman."

The sky was dark now ; the moon shone down on them while the stars twinkled. 

If Draco's heart wasn't hammering in his chest, he would've told Harry how beautiful the sky was.

Harry handed him the second item : a locket.

Draco opened it and saw a moving picture of Harry. It was taken during the Triwizard tournament.

"You narcissist," Draco snapped but there was no malice in his voice.

"You can look at me whenever you miss me," Harry said cheekily. "There's one more item."

"What is it?"

"Give me your hand."

Draco stuck his right hand out while Harry dug into his pocket.

He pulled out a grey coloured paper ring and slid it into Draco's ring finger.

"I made an identical one for myself too," Harry spoke, showing the blond his left hand where he wore the exact same one.

A blush crept up Draco's cheeks as he felt warmth spread all over his body. He really did like Harry a lot.

"Thank you, Harry. I mean it."

The raven haired boy's cheeks were tainted a bright red. "I should go inside, it's almost curfew."

Draco swallowed, his mind was all over the place and his heart was racing.

It's now or never.

He took a few steps towards Harry and pressed a quick kiss on his forehead. 

Harry glanced up at Draco, blushing furiously. "I need to double check- it is your birthday right? That was the best gift I've ever gotten."

Draco chuckled lightly, "Yes, Harry. It is my birthday."

Somewhere far in the distance, a man had just proposed to his boyfriend with paper rings.

― THE END