valentine's special

❛ STRINGS OF MY HEART  ― MODERN AU

Harry was taken by surprise by his own talents when he managed to play the song "I'm yours" by Bruno Mars on his guitar. Sure, you could say that it wasn't a terribly hard tune to play along with, but he was proud nevertheless because he was merely a beginner.

His face flushed at the reason why he was even strumming the guitar in the first place; Valentine's day was coming up and he wanted to give Draco a good surprise.

Harry continued to practice, making a 'tch' noise whenever he got the chord wrong and smiling to himself when he thought about his boyfriend's reaction to what he was doing. 

Harry did not manage to hear the door creaking open because of the song on repeat on his phone.

After his fifth attempt of playing, he set the guitar down on its casing and heaved a sigh. He truly hoped Draco would like it.

"Harry Potter plays the guitar now?"

Draco Malfoy was leaning against the door frame, a huge smirk plastered on his face. 

"You're home early," Harry gulped, not expecting to get caught.

The blond hummed in response and sat down beside Harry on the floor.

"You aren't that bad at playing the guitar. Tell me, why the sudden interest?"

Harry shut his eyes as his heart sped. "I wanted to learn it for you- since Valentine's is coming up and couples should do something special-"

"You're rambling, Harry. I find it adorable that you're learning for me. Thank you."

Harry looked away in embarrassment. "Now get out, I still have to practice."

a/n: happy valentine's !