[ vii ]

Draco decided a week later that he fancied Harry.

It had been weird to accept it at first, but he came to terms with it.

Pansy had been telling Draco how she felt whenever she saw Theodore Nott (they were dating). The butterflies erupting in her stomach, the blushing and the smile that never seemed to fade.

Draco, being an oblivious idiot, had told her he felt the same way about Harry and she smiled at him. 

And that was how he found out.

"Ron and Hermione had a three hour long talk with me because of the stunt you pulled the other day," Harry said through gritted teeth the next morning.

Draco scoffed and picked up a muffin. "I'm assuming you enjoyed it, then?"

Harry glared at him. "Ron kept asking why I was dating you out of everyone and Hermione went on and on about how compatible we were together. She also mentioned that she's going to get me a book from the library about protection."

Draco burst out in a fit of laughter. 

"That's not the only thing that happened yesterday," Harry added.

Draco recovered from laughing and looked at Harry. "What else?"

"Ginny overheard us."

The blond bit on his tongue and searched the hall for the girl.

"This morning, Hermione told me that Ginny cried herself to sleep because I'm 'dating' you," Harry continued.

"So?" 

" 'So?' "Harry let out a laugh. "I don't want to see her like this, she's my friend."

"But you're my boyfriend," Draco stated.

Harry froze for a few seconds before regaining his composure. "Of course."

"When Hermione lends you that book about protection, let me have a look at it."

Harry frowned. "Why?"

Draco huffed, "Well, we need to act as if we have actually read it so that we can tell her what we've learnt from that book."

"That's genius," Harry said.

"And make sure Ronald is with Hermione when we tell her about it."

a/n: happy chinese new year to everyone celebrating <3 !!