6

Mick Fleetwood was scarily tall compared to Annabel but she looked at him with wide eyes as Lindsey introduced them. But the her eyes got even wider when she saw the menu. 

"Something wrong?" Mick asks. He was a kind man, at least he seemed that way, and he had set up at their table like he was apart of the family.

"Um, I can't ugh..." 

"Can't what?" Lindsey pries.

"If I order something, I'll have to wash the dishes." She closes the menu and slumps down in her chair. 

"She can't afford it, and I honestly can't either." Samantha agrees also closing her menu. 

"Your meal is covered. Dad's paying for it." William looks at Samantha.

"I'm not, no...Annabel pays for her own food, I pay for my own food." Samantha shakes her head.

"Annabel, I can pay for your dinner." Lindsey looks at her.

"No, because then I'll have to pay you back and I can't afford to even pay you back." She bites her lip and when she bites her lip, Lindsey's heart sores because when she does that she looks almost identical to Stevie Nicks, and his curiosity peaks. 

"Sing for your supper." Mick smirks. 

He was trying to bait her and she knew that. If she couldn't sing she'd be made a fool of, in front of two members of Fleetwood Mac, one of which had a record company-Lindsey Buckingham Records- and the other who had pull in the industry-Mick. 

"What?" She asks looking at him.

"Usually I have entertainment here on Friday night, but they cancelled last minute, I give my singers free meals." He explains.

"Annabel, go for it." Samantha squeezes her arm. Samantha didn't know that Mick was baiting her, she just knew that Annabel could sing. 

"Find me a guitar." She sighs. 

"There's one right up on the stage. It was Lindsey's he donated it." Mick points to a reddish colored piece of wood. 

"What should I sing?" Annabel looks at Samantha. 

"Your legacy song." 

"I could." She nods.

"Legacy Song?" 

"It was the first song I wrote. Growing up I listened to classic rock. I used to cover Go Your Own Way, The Chain, Dreams, Janis Joplin, The Eagles, Tom Petty...after a while I got tired of it so I wrote my own songs. It's not the best, but I call it the legacy song." 

"Go for it." Mick points to the stage. 

She gulps and then she makes her way to the microphone. She checks the tune of the guitar and she gets herself situated and then she takes the mic. 

"Aloha, I'm Annabel...." She usually has a band, for this song but she was doing it acoustically that night. 

I'm walking in their footsteps
I'm singing their old songs
Somebody blazed this trail
I'm treadin' on
I'm bent, but I'm not broken
I'm stronger than I feel
I'm made of flesh and bone
Not made of steel

I'm the keeper of the flame
The teller of the story
Keeper of the flame
For the ones that came before me
For the little pilot lights waiting to ignite
Like fireflies in the rain
Keeper of the flame

I've been burned out to ashes
Waiting for a wind
To carry me and start a fire again
Sometimes I'm just a flicker
A candle in your eye
But I swear to God
I'll never let it die