12

January 19, 2011

Annabel had just finished her set at the bar when she noticed that Lindsey was sitting at the bar staring directly at her. She collected her tips and then she made her way towards him and as soon as she was close enough to him, he started laughing at her. 

"What?" She questions. 

"You look exactly like your mother." He points her up and down and she narrows her eyes. Because he was right. She was wearing a black wrap top with blue flowers on it, a pair of light washed denim bell bottoms that she paid a fortune for, and her back platform boots. Her hair was really wavy today almost as if she had gotten it permed, but she didn't that's just how it dried. 

"I didn't mean to." She plops onto the bar where Moe places a shot of tequila in front of her. She takes the shot and thanks him before during to her dad. "So what brings you to one of the cheapest bars in Los Angeles?" 

"I finally moved into the condo and it's actually kind of close to here." He explains.

"Where?" 

"Wilshire." 

"Oooh, the ritzy condos. I'm on 4th in the dumpy apartments." She states. "How did you find out where I worked?" 

"I asked Samantha." 

"Right." Annabel nods.

"You haven't called. I was starting to worry about you." Lindsey tells her.

"I don't know I just feel weird. I mean like, you have this whole other life and you gave me up so I don't know. I hate feeling like a burden you know." Annabel shrugs.

"Alright, we have to talk...do you want to do it here, or do you want to come to my condo?" 

"Um Garrett is supposed to be picking me up. Samantha took my car to Brentwood." 

"Call him and tell him not to come. I'll take you." He nods.

"I..." 

"Please. I really think we need to have a conversation." 

She just nods and pulls out her phone. When she hangs up she looks at him. "Well I guess I'm all yours."

***

It doesn't take them long to get to Lindsey's apartment. He has a sports car which allows him to maneuver through traffic easily and when they get up to his penthouse she just stares eyes wide. 

"Holy Shit."

"I'm actually surprised by the price. It was only about a million dollars. three bedrooms, three bathrooms." 

"A Mil...Lindsey really?" She gasps.

"Honey that's nothing in Los Angeles." 

"I mean my rent is 800 a month." 

"800 per?" 

"No...just 800. We each pay about 275 per month."

"Yeah, let's talk about moving you out of there, that doesn't seem too safe."

"Lindsey..." She warns.

"Okay, hear me out. I'm not trying to buy your love or weasel my way into your life..." 

"You gave me up for adoption." 

"I know, hear me out..." 

She looks at him and sits on the couch and then he nods and joins her.

"Stevie Nicks and I had a weird relationship...everytime something was going wrong in our lives after we broke up, so we broke up in 78. But every time something went to shit after we broke up we called each other."