39

October 16, 2013

Annabel had watched the video several times. Fleetwood Mac was in Stuttgart, and Stevie and Lindsey had been a couple for a while. Annabel knew that. Stevie had been apart of their lives for about five months, and more times than not, Stevie would be at their house making them breakfast in the morning-that is when they were home. Right now they were in Germany and Annabel was home with the dogs, but the video was on instagram and she couldn't not stop watching it. 

"Well I said, since we're getting ready to go in and record a couple of songs, why don't we record this song, it's been waiting for a hundred years to be recorded and he said okay, so we did. And when we recorded it, Mr. Fleetwood said don't forget when we go on tour...this whole thing is your fault, you know that, you realize that. The whole long story is your fault...Mick says, Stevie, don't forget to tell your audiences that this is what really attracted me to you guys. The way that Lindsey plays, and the way you guys sing to the way he plays, because it's very counter point and Mick being the drummer, a percussionist, he has a great ear so he heard that. And that was something I had always thought when I first met Lindsey myself. I thought that's what made us special is our whole counterpoint way of our singing and how he plays guitar. So we go out on the road in the states and we...for three weeks I tell this story, and one night, Lindsey Buckingham, just out of the blue in front of 15,000 people says to me, but no. That is not what attracted Mick Fleetwood to us. Or basically to me...meaning to him, and I'm like hmm, and I'm thinking and my life is passing before me and I'm like...I know what he's going to say and he says...what attracted Mick to us was the fact that they needed a guitar player and I'm going to myself you're right...they needed a smoking hot..." Annabel gags at that part, "Fantastic, lead guitarist...Tada...And I said, well that's true...and so the whole story wraps around to this. And if Lindsey wants to speak, he will...I like to tell this story because I really do want...he's backing away, he's backing away...I like to say, Thank You Lindsey for telling Mick when he called and asked you to join Fleetwood Mac, thank you for saying, whatever it is that you said...which would you like to finish the story." 

"Me, would you like me to talk?" 

"Well I can...Say something." 

"Say Something." 

"Nice." 

"That's, that's very difficult for me, right? Ahem, okay...well let's see, Yes it's true...it's absolutely true. Mick had heard a song of ours and....their guitarist left and I got a phone call. I did not...I had only met Mick once, very briefly and he said Lindsey, this is Mick Fleetwood, Hi Mick...Lindsey, would you like to join Fleetwood Mac. And of course, what did I say...I said, if you're going to take me Mick, you have to take my girlfriend too!" 

"And that Stevie...baby...that is love." 

"Can I just add, in Stuttgart to that little story, since you do like to throw that in. That for five years previous to that, I washed your jeans, sewed moons and stars on them, fringed them, ironed your teeshirts..." 

"This is a new..." 

"Made your house beautiful, cooked dinner, cleaned the house, was a waitress AND a cleaning lady, and also...loved you." 

"That's right." 

"So it wasn't just a one sided deal." 

"Did I say it was?" 

"No, but it kind of comes across like that....we're letting you in on the whole seriousness of this thing."

"So all this time..." 

"I don't think they want to come in here?" 

"So all this time, that I've been saying that's love baby, you've been going hmph." 

"Kinda." 

"I can't win...Geez! I did, I loved you with all my heart didn't I?" 

"You did." 

"And you loved me too?" 

"I did and that's why, we went in together to Fleetwood Mac." 

There was something more going on with her parents that she didn't know about. They were flirty and there was a whole hell of a lot of sexual tension. She was about to watch the video again when she heard her cell phone ring and felt the vibrations kick on.  She roamed her eyes along the screen to see that her dad was calling her. 

"Hello." She falls back into the couch. 

"Hey...so you know how you were flying out to Oceania?" Lindsey asks.

"I do..." She trails off. Lindsey and Stevie had buttered her up enough for her to agree to go to Oceania with them for another leg of the tour because it fell during her birth month.

"Well, um plans changed." Lindsey tells her.

"Why, what happened?" Annabel questions standing up to start pacing. 

"John hasn't been feeling good for a while, so he went to the doctor...he has cancer." Lindsey tells her.

"John has Cancer?" Annabel drops back onto the couch, sitting on the edge. 

"Yeah, we're finishing up our dates here, but John's starting Chemo on the flight back to America." Lindsey tells her.

"Oh daddy, I'm sorry...give him my love." Annabel tells him.

"I will, but I just wanted to let you know we'd be home sooner rather than later." Lindsey tells her.

"Alright, well keep in touch." 

"I will." 

"Hey dad, what's going on with you and mom?" She decides to ask as he's about to hang up.

"The same thing that has been going on between me and your mom...we're sharing hotel suites and spending time together. Relearning about each other." Lindsey tells her.

"Yeah, but daddy something was different...I've seen that video from Stuttgart several times and there's just something..." She trails off

"We'll talk about it when we get home. Don't worry about it baby, I promise you, we're fine, it's all okay." Lindsey assures her.

"I hope so...I love you daddy." 

"It is, I love you to sweetheart."