19

July 20, 2012

Lindsey had small little festivals and gigs lined up throughout the course of the summer. Annabel didn't go with him to his festivals, but she did go back to the bar to sing a couple times a week, because she was bored out of her skull at home by herself. But, Lindsey did have the month of July off. Stevie Nicks' colliding tours, In Your Dreams and Heart and Soul, only had a few dates left that they could go too so they settled on the July 20th showing in Cleveland Ohio. 

Lindsey promised her the concert and a trip to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. The Rock Hall would be on July 21st. But they were lounging in their hotel suite, watching the television waiting until they could get ready for the concert. Cleveland really did not have a whole lot of stuff to do so they were pretty much left to their own devices. 

"Where are we sitting?" Annabel asks after a moment.

"Um, I think we're right smack dab in the middle of the Arena. I'm trying to remain inconspicuous. I will be wearing a hat." He reaches into his suitcase and pulls out a grey ball cap. 

"Oh Gross...I can't picture you in hat." 

"I'm trying not to be spotted. This was your idea." Lindsey points out. 

"I know, I'm just struggling dad. I go back and forth every day on if I want to meet her or not, so I figured I could at least see her and be in the same room as her, but like remain unknown." She shrugs.

"Either way, you'd remain unknown." Lindsey explains.

"Would I though...don't they always say a mother knows her child." 

"Yeah, they do say that...but usually the kids are with their mother for a good chunk of time. You barely got 12 hours with her." Lindsey points out.

"I guess." She sighs. 

"It'll be good. I promise you it'll be okay." Lindsey nods. 

***

Much like she did when she was getting ready for the one-off album release concert, she was just staring at the window looking at herself. She was wearing a chiffon and mesh fit and flare mid thigh length dress that had a sweetheart neckline, but no straps. It was black with pink flowers on it. She had thrown a jean jacket over it, incase the arena was cold, and she was wearing black block heel platform sandals. Her hair was falling in waves down her back and she had braided back the sides of it lightly. 

"Are you giving yourself a pep-talk?" Lindsey asks coming out of the bathroom placing the ball cap backwards on his head. 

"I'm...I don't know...I'm just thinking." She stands up and straightens out her dress.

"You look beautiful, we're going to have a good night, it's all going to be okay. Come on lets go...I want to try and beat the concert traffic." Lindsey grabs his rental car keys and his wallet.

"I'm surprised you're driving." 

"Eh, can't be as bad as rush hour in Los Angeles." He shrugs. 

"I guess." She sighs grabbing her bag and locking her arm around his as they head out the door. 

As they were entering the Lobby Annabel looked up at the same time as a red head and Lindsey stiffened. The red head had recognized him and in a flash she was right there pulling them into a hallway where a door said staff only. 

"Lindsey, what are you doing here?" She asks.

"I'm going to the concert. Tell your sister-in-law I'm here I kill you." Lindsey points out.