31

Walking onto Fleetwood Mac's plane was intimidating for Annabel but she slowly made her way onto it and hunkered down in a window seat at the back. She was about to plug into her headphones and cuddle up with her pillow and blanket, when she felt someone next to her. She looked to her right and she saw her mother sitting next to her. 

"Stevie." She acknowledges her. 

"I'm sorry." Stevie sighs.

"What?" Annabel asks looking at her.

"I didn't mean to hurt you." She states.

"I don't understand what you're..."

"I didn't mean to get you addicted to cocaine." Stevie states. It took Annabel back because she didn't expect the conversation to escalate that quickly. 

"You're talking about why I was put up for adoption." Annabel sighs nodding her head.

"I didn't mean to do anything to you. I wanted you so badly Annabel. So badly. The few moments I had you in my arms were the best moments of my life." She bites her lip. "I breastfed you...I wanted you to be okay, I didn't think that..." 

"I get it...mom...I really do. Dad told me everything." She nods.

"I just wish, I could've gotten to be your mom." 

"She's dead you know..." 

"Yeah, Lindsey told me..." She chews on her lip.

"We weren't close...I wasn't close to either of my adoptive parents...We had none of the same likes or dislikes. It was evident from a young age that I didn't belong with them, I just didn't understand it." Annabel shrugs. 

Stevie looks at her for a moment and then she clears her throat. 

"It was November 13th." 

"Hmm?" Annabel asks.

"You were supposed to be my little Christmas miracle....But, I went into labor at 2:30 in the afternoon  on November 13th. I labored at home with your dad until close to dinner time on November 14th... But the pain was so overwhelming and I just knew I needed to go to the hospital. I was hoping that it was just Braxton Hicks contractions. I was 34 weeks, my doctor told me they could start anytime after 32 weeks. I thought they were Braxton Hicks and I wasn't worried about it. But the pain was so bad I finally had your father take me to the hospital. We got there and they told me that no, my cervix was dilating rapidly and you were coming. They were real. But I was only 34 weeks so they were giving me medicine to try and stop the contractions, but nothing they did worked, I was too far dialated for them to sew my cervix. I was so scared Baby Belle. So scared that I can't even describe it.  I just wanted you to be okay and I wanted to have you in my arms. My water broke around 3:30 in the morning on November 15th and you were born about three hours later...They were ready to take you to the NICU, but you were really high functioning. You were opening your eyes. You were breathing on your own. You were responsive, you were regulating your own body heat you had passed all of your newborn baby tests...but you were so angry we couldn't do anything to soothe you except feed you. I breast fed you four times in the span of four hours. That worried the doctors so they took your blood. You needed a high. And I still had it in my system, so when you ate you were getting that high and they took you. I didn't mean to, I really didn't mean to..." Stevie starts crying after she gets through her story and Annabel looks at her dad. He had sat opposite them and was staring at them intently. 

Annabel bit her lip and then within seconds she launched herself at her mother and buried herself in Stevie's chest. Stevie returned the hug, though it was slightly uncomfortable for both of them over the shared arm rests, but she held her tightly. 

"And I'm sorry." Karen says from a couple rows away. 

"I'll be frank with you, I don't like you...that's not going to change, Even though I don't think that apology is sincere I'm going to accept it." Annabel pulls away and slouches down in her seat. 

"So are we good, will you stay for the rest of the tour?" Mick inquires.

"Mick I...I'm so grateful for this opportunity really I am...but, I never wanted to tour in the first place. I'm just not comfortable. Part of me, just wants to be home with Bowie and Prince." 

"Who are Bowie and Prince?" John asks, he felt left out of the conversation.

"Our dogs...they're...what are they?" She looks at her dad. 

"Mutts..." He trails off.

"Daddy." Annabel scolds.

"What, I'm just saying they are mutts. The humane society told me that they definitely had German shepherd in them, but they're blonde and they weren't sure what else they were mixed with. 

"They're really cute." Mick nods. 

"So Mick, and John you knew the whole time?" Stevie looks at them. She had mostly recovered and was drying her eyes. 

"Well, we had a hunch...Lindsey had mentioned something about it a few years ago in Hawaii. But I found out officially, when we did that interview leading up to this tour...I think it was Extra." Mick says. 

"When you said you had four kids...you had already found her?" Stevie asks.

"I did, I'm sorry I lied to you...but she didn't know if she wanted to meet you or not yet, and I didn't want to push her into something that she wasn't going to be comfortable with." Lindsey shrugs. 

"Belle, don't run away from me please, I really want to get to know you. I don't like that you're leaving the tour early, but until you do go home, will you please stay with us and travel with us. Don't city jump on us." Stevie looks at her daughter intently.

"I agree with your mother." Lindsey points out. 

"Can I keep riding on this nice ass plane?" She asks.

"I wouldn't have it any other way baby Belle." Stevie shakes her head.

"Fine." She nods. 

Stevie let out a cheer and then she re-wrapped her arms around her daughter.