Reunion - Part 4

Rex carefully set the ship down in one of the landing docks in Ord Mantell's capital city. Senna was curled up in the chair next to him, softly snoring once more. She was back in her normal clothing with a fresh bandage wrapped around her calf, her hair back in the wild bun she sometimes favored over her braid. He knew she hadn't slept as well as she needed to, but she'd been insistent on not going back to bed after her nightmare, and he couldn't say he blamed her. The sound of her screaming still rang in his ears an hour later. Gently, he reached over and shook her knee, and she sat up, rubbing her eyes.

"We here?"

"Yeah. We are."

The sun was starting to sink lower in the sky as Rex paid the dock fees and the two of them started weaving through the streets. "Stay close," Rex muttered. "We're not in the most savory part of town."

Senna wrinkled her nose as they passed by a particularly offensive-smelling pile of garbage in a sewer. "In more ways than one," she agreed as she pulled her cloak tighter around her shoulders. "It's also freezing."

Rex sighed. "Yeah, the first time I was here, it was spring. I didn't think Ord Mantell could get much worse until I realized how cold it gets here during winter."

They made their way through a few alleys until he came to the cantina's entrance. "Cid's Parlor," Senna read from the sign. "You know this Cid?"

Rex sighed. "Unfortunately, yes."

"Oh come on, they can't be that bad."

"You'd be surprised."

Rex trudged inside, leading her down a set of dimly lit stairs. The interior of the cantina was dimly lit with plenty of cheap neon, a soft turquoise glow emitting from behind the bar. A few patrons were scattered around, but for the most part, the place was empty aside from the older female Trandoshan behind the bar, who narrowed her eyes when Rex lowered his hood, grabbing a walking stick and making her way over towards him with a clawed finger pointed accusingly.

"YOU!" the female Trandoshan muttered. "I told you last time you were in here, I-"

Rex raised his hands in surrender. "Cid, Bolo and Ketch are going to have to forgive me for that at some point. I haven't shot at any of your other patrons since then."

Senna raised an eyebrow that Rex ignored.

"That's not my problem, Blondie," Cid growled, pointing a clawed finger at him. "You never settled your last tab. I'm not made of money."

"I did pay my tab."

"Yeah, well Muscles said you had the next three rounds, so you owe me."

Rex scrubbed his hand over his face. "For Maker's sake, Wrecker."

Senna tried unsuccessfully to stifle a giggle, and Cid's eyes finally fell on her. "And what's your deal, Blue Eyes?"

The Jedi shrugged. "Oh, you know, just along for the ride." Cid appraised her for a few more seconds before rolling her eyes.

"Can't wait to hear what the problem is this time," she muttered, moving to stand behind the bar once more. "So, what are you wanting?"

Rex leaned his elbows on the bar. "Information."

"That'll cost ya."

"Always does, Cid."

The Trandoshan surveyed him, trying to determine if he was giving her attitude or not before scoffing. "What kind of information?"

"Location on a clone commander that was recently imprisoned. He was serving on Pantora, got in a spat with some superior officers, and got swept off to a prison somewhere to await court martial, but we're having trouble tracking down which one."