Reunion - Part 5

Senna slowly opened her eyes, taking a moment to remember where she was. Cid's. We're in a room upstairs. We- She froze, remembering that she wasn't alone. Glancing over, she saw Rex's back slowly rise and fall as he slept. She resisted the urge to snuggle against him, to slip her arms around his torso and nuzzle into the back of his neck as she had so many times before. His shirt had drifted up in his sleep and she could see a sliver of his back, his spine sloping gracefully towards his shoulders and down towards his hips. Maker alive, I've missed this. She'd spent so many nights dreaming of this exact thing, and now here she was, but unable to touch him. The small contact she'd had with his hand last night had been borderline torture, all too much and yet not enough at the same time. But it's better than nothing. It's progress.

She knew she needed to consider the ramifications of what she was doing, but all she could think of was being with Rex again. I should have stayed away. I'm not sure I'll be strong enough to leave twice if I have to. It was then that she realized she hadn't had any nightmares during the night. In fact, this was the best she'd slept in...well since she'd left him. Her teeth dug into her lip. She hadn't really thought about what might happen once they found Wolffe. Will I be able to walk away again? Or will I even want to? She already knew the answer to that question, but there was one that haunted her more.

Would he allow me to stay if I wanted to?

Senna knew she'd hurt him. She wasn't so naïve as to think her actions might not have consequences when she left, but now, lying here next to him, all she could think about was how much she'd missed him. He didn't say anything back though. Perhaps you've just ruined everything again. She tasted blood and quit chewing at her lip. Rex inhaled deeply, shifting in his sleep, and she let her eyes drift closed again. She felt him roll over to face towards her, his breathing become slightly more audible. Is he still asleep? She chanced a look over at him and found his amber irises staring back at her.

They both gazed at each other for a moment, both knowing that they'd been caught by the other.

"Hey," Senna said quietly.

"Hey," he replied. "How'd you sleep?"

"No dreams."

"That's good."

"You?"

He grinned slightly. "Like a log."

"Good." She rolled onto her side to look back at him. "You hungry?"

"I could eat. I imagine we should make the trek downstairs to see what Cid's got lined up for us."

"Probably."

They stayed like that for a moment until Rex made the first move, rolling onto his back and stretching his arms above his head, grunting as his shoulders and other joints popped and woke up. Finally, he rolled to sit up, rubbing the last traces of sleep from his eyes. He stood, and she was quick to follow, braiding her hair quickly and stepping into her boots before retrieving her datapad and blaster. She threw her cloak around her shoulders before tucking her lightsaber under it. Gotta be more careful about that, she thought. Too many people seem to be taking notice of it.

Rex had thrown on his cloak, his DL-44 resting against his hip. She never could get over just how handsome he was, and he caught her staring once more, cocking an eyebrow at her until she flushed, lowering her eyes and pretending to dig around for something in her rucksack for a few more seconds. Finally, she straightened. "Alright, let's go."

Cid was waiting for them, leaning on the bar and speaking quietly into a commlink as they walked over to her. "About time," she muttered, and Senna fought the smirk threatening to creep across her face. I like her. She's crotchety and cranky, but I like her. Rex didn't seem to share her sentiment as he appeared to be mustering the entirety of his patience.