Reunion - Part 8

"I quite frankly don't understand how you managed to wear out the comm relay so quickly," Tech commented as he rummaged around in the access panel on Senna's arm. "Wait...are these...did you try to modify this on your own?"

"Noooo..." Senna lied, and Tech glared up at her through his goggles.

"There are clearly scorch marks here. You shorted things trying to do that one handed."

"Maybe you didn't ground everything correctly in there the first time."

"Senna."

"Ok, fine I tried to make some mods and fried the capacitor. You don't need to rub it in."

Tech smirked as he turned her wrist to get a better view of the damage before standing and striding over to a set of drawers, rummaging around for some supplies and tools. Senna watched him for a few moments before catching sight of a flash of blonde hair in the doorway.

"You're not as sneaky as you think, kid. Why don't you come say hi?"

Omega shyly peeked around the edge of the doorway. "Tech said not to bother you too much while he repaired your arm."

"Did he now?" Senna shot a look over at Tech and he shrugged.

"I wasn't sure how much attention you wanted on your limb. Echo always lets her watch, but I didn't want to assume."

Senna smiled before winking at Omega. "Come on over and keep me company while your brother fixes me up here."

The young girl bounced over, sitting next to Senna and leaning over to inspect the inside of her arm. "It looks like you've got a fried capacitor."

"You would be correct," Tech replied, returning to the table with a soldering iron and new components. "Our Jedi friend here learned the hard way that doing self-modifications isn't the best idea."

"What were you trying to do?" Omega asked.

"Was trying to boost the strength of the relay a bit for when I'm on more remote planets. That way the computer in there can get access to databases from further away and I can tap into comm signals without need to hook my commlink up to a power coupling. At least, that was the hope."

"Would you like me to make that upgrade once I do the repairs?" Tech offered.

Senna bit back her pride. "Sure, that would be great."

Tech simply nodded, going to work on the limb. "Be sure to let me know if I hit anything that triggers a sensory response."

"Will do." Senna turned her attention to the young girl hovering over the table. She'd spent a little bit of time with Omega the last time she'd visited and had been impressed by her ability to pick up skills quickly and her eagerness to learn. Hunter had told her that Omega really wanted to be involved in the fight, even if only in a limited capacity, and Senna found that admirable if not a bit worrisome. War is all she's known outside of Kamino. It's been her life for the most formative parts of her existence. It made her sad, but she also knew that young people like Omega were what she was fighting for, for them to have a future in which the Empire didn't exist.

There was also something about the young clone that Senna couldn't quite place her finger on. Every time she was around Omega, there was some itch in the back of her mind that she just couldn't seem to scratch. She'd put it aside the first few times she'd been around the girl, assuming it was just her not being used to being around children, but as time went on and she got more comfortable, she still couldn't shake the feeling. Even now, as she watched Omega hover over her arm, asking Tech various questions, she felt the tingle in the back of her brain. It didn't feel like a warning, but just something slightly out of reach.