Reunion - Part 19

A/N: Alright, so halfway through writing this chapter, I realized I'd been using the incorrect ship name, so from here on out, it's not the Executor (which doesn't come around for like another 20 years), it's the Perilous. Super sorry for making such a silly mistake (still beating my head against the wall about it). Anyway, going forward, that's the place they're trying to get.

Senna huffed in frustration as she tucked yet another rogue strand of hair into the updo that she'd wound her hair in. Sabé had shown her some basic styles that would work with the headband that she'd supplied, but try as she might, Senna was certain that it didn't look anywhere near as elegant as what the former handmaiden had created. She forced a few more pins in place before shrugging. That'll have to do.

She was distracted, and she knew it. She also realized the danger it created, especially tonight, but she couldn't help but let her mind wander back to the single line she'd come across in the Project Phoenix file. I don't even know how we'd go about it. I'll talk to Tech when we get back. Maybe he'll have some ideas. It's still a long shot, but maybe it's something.

They'd landed on Cantonica several hours ago, and everything had gone smoothly despite her fretting. She'd been sure to hide her lightsaber on board the ship before slipping a jacket on and pulling on a set of gloves to hide her metal hand. She and Rex had easily found the hotel that would serve as the site of the gala, and quickly checked in and made their way up to their room. It was the nicest place either of them had slept in a while, and after showering, Rex had flopped down on the massive bed to take a nap. Senna had almost envied how relaxed he was as she had gotten to work trying to make herself look like the elegant, refined wife of an Imperial officer.

Needless to say it had been a struggle.

A knock at the door to the refresher startled her, and she huffed as the brush she'd been using to apply makeup clattered to the floor.

"What is it?" she asked with an air of annoyance.

"Are you decent?" Rex asked through the door.

She glanced at herself in the mirror once more. Sabé had worked wonders on the gown's corset, giving Senna enough room to breathe and maybe even to eat something. The skirt's train was much shorter, but the skirt was long enough to cover the toes of the flats she was wearing. Sabé had packed a beautiful simple silver necklace that was sitting on the edge of the refresher counter next to the gloves. She'd managed to apply the dark eye shadow Sabé had recommended without making herself look too much like an angsty teenager, and hadn't done half bad on the liner and lipstick either. She grimaced as she looked at the scar across her collar bone. The necklace may hide it a bit. But better come up with something in case someone asks. She slipped the silver headband into place across her forehead before sighing.

"Don't know about decent, but good enough. Come in here and help me get this necklace on."

The door hissed open, and she turned, leaning back against the counter as Rex stepped in, his eyes widening as he took her in.

"Wow," he said, and she raised an eyebrow.

"Alright then?"

"Better than alright." She noted his eyes lingered on her chest, where the leather corset was definitely pushing her breasts up slightly, and she glared at him. He stepped back for a moment, taking in her full silhouette, and she rolled her eyes before giving him a spin.

"You're beautiful," he breathed, and despite all of the things running through her mind, she felt herself blush. This is very different from our first gala on Lothal. Way back before everything started. But even then, he looked at me like that, and I should have known I was in trouble. She smiled to herself.