Chapter 4

Saturday had arrived.

And Prince Liam considered it a miracle he was still alive.

Somehow, he'd held his distracted mental state together for an entirety of five days. Five days!

He didn't even know how it was possible, and he decided not to question it.

But why was Saturday so important?

Six words.

The arrival of Prince Ashton White.

Prince Liam was waiting on the palace steps beside Willow, watching as the limo that had been sent to pick up Prince Ashton from the airstrip, drove around the stone fountain in the middle of the drive between the front gate and the bottom of the stairs.

The moment the car paused in front of the stairs, a side door opened, and a child dashed out.

Wait a moment. A child?

"Lilliana!" A shout came from inside the car.

The next instant a girl with a zip-up blue leather jacket and artfully ripped black skinny jeans threw herself out of the car in time to catch Lilliana before she could go another step.

"Sorry Fi." Lilliana said, looking up at the girl with the jacket and tanned skin. "It was stuffy in there."

Another door opened and Ashton appeared, dressed down as much as possible in what Liam recognized as his favorite red hoodie and jeans with a pair of checkered Vans.

"Liam! It's nice to see you." Ashton beamed and waved up at him.

"It is absolutely amazing to see you again as well. And you brought new people!" Willow half-squealed before Liam could say a single word.

The girl with glasses looked up from Lilliana. "I'm Fiona Nighle, and this is my little sister Lilliana."

Lilliana escaped her sister and bolted up the stairs, stopping on the one right below Liam. She looked up at him, not at all intimidated, with big innocent eyes and a cute smile.

"You can call me Lili. Just spell it with an I."

Cuteness overload.

"It looks like you blew a fuse in his brain, Lils." Fiona smiled and shook her head, staring at the slightly daydreamy expression on Liam's face.

Liam recovered within a few seconds, and in that time, his sister had managed to already start her interrogation of Fiona.

Liam felt slightly bad for Lilliana's older sister, but he was more concerned about retaining his senses and getting them all inside.

He dropped back to walk with Ashton as Fiona, Willow, and Lilliana led the way.

"I had no idea you'd be bringing someone besides Fiona." He admitted quietly, glancing quickly up at his sister to make sure he hadn't been overheard.

Ashton laughed slightly. "Neither did I. Lilliana decided last minute she was going, and we couldn't exactly tell her no when we found her hiding in the bathroom after we were already in the air. Fiona gave her a firm reprimanding and I just tried to go along with it."

"Judging by the fact that you still have a head and all of your limbs, you went along with it fairly well. But how are things in Staroix? I was very surprised when you said you were coming. I half-expected you to refuse because you were too busy running a country." Liam narrowed his eyes playfully and lightly bumped Ashton's shoulder.

Ashton jokingly punched him back. "The coronation isn't for another two months Liam. And your attendance is mandatory."

"It had better be! What kind of best friend would I be if I didn't show up to your coronation? That's like refusing to go to a high school graduation party times 100."