Chapter 8

A/N: This is the chapter you get a rundown of all the Kestral siblings. And because I saw Encanto very recently... all I could think as I was editing it was "Welcome to The Family Madrigal," because that's what it felt like. Really, I was originally aiming for We are the Daughters of Triton, but oh well. Enjoy! :)

Kayden had never been so embarrassed in his life.

The second time he met Prince Liam, he fell apart.

So drastically apart, he lost control of his illusions.

This was bad! So bad, Kayden didn't have a word extreme enough for it.

He had to pull himself together. He was falling apart at the seams and if he wasn't careful, it might even kill him.

If Liam found out about him, sirens would be pushed front and center again.

Never mind how the crown would react.

He was infinitely more worried about his parents. He had a feeling his mother might murder him if he exposed them all in such a way.

Maybe he hadn't completely thought this whole secret rockstar thing through.

But it didn't matter! Tonight he had a performance. And no one, not even the strangely alarming Prince of Alleba was going to wreck the night.

*v*

Prince Liam couldn't stop thinking about the person who had nearly fainted in front of him.

Lila, the girl with pink hair, had called him Kayden.

Kayden.

He wanted to know for sure if he was alright. He didn't entirely believe Lilliana or Ashton until he saw Kayden with his own eyes.

But he had no idea where Kayden lived, or even what his last name was.

The only thing he'd be able to do was find Lila, and through Lila, find Kayden.

Lila was easy to find, seeing as she'd introduced herself to him with her last name.

Lila Faithens.

She lived in an ordinary neighborhood on the west side of Alleba, nearby Bluestone High school, which was where Liam assumed Kayden spent most of his week.

Through his sister, he managed to get their entire list of enrolled students.

Willow could be a skilled computer hacker when she wanted to be. And after badgering her and bribing her with another Oceania Remembered concert, she'd caved and given him what he wanted.

That was how he finally found Kayden.

Kayden Kestral.

And now Liam was absolutely fixated on him, almost more than Oceania Remembered.

Everyone knew the Kestrals. They were an extremely influential and rich family through the success of the four oldest siblings.

Arianna Kestral was a CEO engaged to Michael West, a billionaire in the music and dance industry. Eventually, when they merged their companies through marriage, they would have an empire in the dance industry. A bonus was that they actually loved each other.

Justin Kestral lived in Staroix as an owner of a record label. He had somehow wormed his way to the top and employed only the best of the best artists and talent agents. If artists wanted to reach large audiences and have their names known overnight, Justin had the power to box fame and deliver it straight to their doorsteps.