Chapter 14

A/N: Ivy from the previous chapter^

Kayden was sure he'd lost his mind.

What in the name of Oceania had possessed him to say yes?! Was he really that weak against Liam's persuasive tactics?

You know you are, dummy.

Shut up conscience! I need to finish this math test.

Kayden finished up the last problem on his calculus test, and dropped it into the wire basket in front of his teacher, before trudging back to his spot, his thoughts wreaking havoc inside his head.

Why did you say yes?! You'll most likely see the king! That could spell instantaneous death. Whyyyyyyy?

Because it is physically impossible to resist my prince?

Oh yes, the lovely Liam. Bah! Where's your sense of self-preservation?!

...Drowning in his eyes like the rest of me?

Ok... fair point. You were definitely right. You're totally fucked.

Don't I know it!

Fingers started snapping by his ear, and he jumped, whirling around in his chair to see his sister Erica giving him a look.

"I might not be telepathic like our older brother," She whispered. "But I can tell when your thoughts are waging war with each other. What have you gotten yourself into now?"

"Can I tell you when we get home in thirty minutes?"

Erica scowled. "Kayden-"

"Look I swear on my love of pretzels I'll tell you when we get home! Just not here." Kayden hissed.

Erica backed down.

"Alright alright. When we get home."

*v*

Erica practically dragged Kayden from class as soon as the school bell rang. She only let go of him after he wrenched his hand from her grip and walked past her locker.

Erica was worried about him, and within two minutes, Yvonne and Uriel would be worried too.

He wanted to see if he could escape and beat them home. Then at least he'd be alone when Yvonne and Erica screamed at him for being so stupid.

He grabbed his backpack, stuffing his homework inside and zipping it up in a single move.

He hadn't moved this fast since his third concert ever when he'd scheduled the start time for rehearsal too early.

The other students in the hallway were giving him odd looks, a combination of curiosity and shock.

Apparently, he had skills or speed or something. He didn't bother to think about it, because he could hear Erica shouting behind him.

"Kayden! I see you! I know what you're doing and don't you dare- KAYDEN DRACONIAN KESTRAL!"

Kayden had broken into a run, slamming his locker and bolting down the hallway at a speed humans could only match at a sprint.

He glanced behind him to see Erica's eyes glowing like a yellow traffic light. Her backpack was open on the floor by her locker and she stood in the middle of the hallway, trembling in fury.

He'd be in for it when he got home.

He turned back around just in time to dodge Lila, who was literally spinning down the middle of the hallway, her pink hair flopping out of its normal pixie cut style to dangle in her eyes.