Chapter 17

A/N: Picture of Kayden and Liam! ^

Kayden didn't know whether to smile and throw himself at Liam, or scream in fear and run away.

Liam had finally admitted it. What Kayden had known ever since he'd read about Complement Connections.

They were always romantic bonds, and never one-sided. Therefore, both of them had to like men in some way, shape, or form.

He had just never believed that Liam would admit it.

Kayden had two options. Agree and kiss the prince's face off, or shrink away and hide to avoid being even further implicated into the royal family.

Instead, he ended up picking option three, which he didn't know existed until his mouth and heart started talking without his brain's permission.

"I know." He replied simply.

Liam blinked at him, taking a half step back. "How did you know?"

Kayden could have smacked himself. Of all the idiotic things to say, "I know" had to be the most idiotic. How would he answer the next question?

I really don't think "I read it in a magical siren spell book" is going to cut it. "Oh, and also, did you know we're soulmates? Yeah, we're stuck forever, just you and me! Hooray!" He'll run thinking I'm insane. Which, at this point, is entirely plausible. So, I've got a better idea. How about I lie my ass off?

"...I just did. I guessed from the way you looked at me, and cared about me. Plus... dancing? No straight guy I know would ever do something like that anymore."

That was true. He didn't know any straight guys who all of the sudden challenged other guys to prove their dancing abilities. He also didn't know anyone who looked at him quite like Liam, with so much trust and compassion hidden behind their eyes.

Liam's face was flushed, clearly from embarrassment or some kind of mortification. Kayden decided to keep talking to save his prince from himself.

There you go again. He's your prince, is he?

Shut up.

"But it's ok. More than ok. Do you know why?" Kayden asked.

Liam shook his head, his eyes averted to the floor, clearly still embarrassed beyond belief.

Kayden started walking forward, and Liam took steps backward until he hit the wall. Kayden didn't stop walking forwards until he was half an inch away from touching Liam.

Close, but not so close that Liam couldn't push him away if he chose to.

Unbidden, magical seduction, like liquid syrup, flowed into Kayden's voice. He didn't even notice. Thankfully, Liam wouldn't be affected by it unless he chose to be.

Kayden closed an eighth of an inch in between them, moving closer to whisper in Liam's ear.

"The feeling is mutual, my Prince. Now if you don't mind, may I kiss you?"

Liam involuntarily shuddered at the delicious feeling of Kayden's voice. Borderline hypnotic, and so lovely.

If Aphrodite hadn't been evil and a horrible excuse for a goddess and had instead been a god, would she have sounded like this?

Kayden waited for Liam to reply. If his Prince said nothing within the next ten seconds, he'd back off and give him space.

He counted to eight before Liam managed to speak.

"Yes. You can."

Kayden did not need to be told twice.

His lips crashed onto Liam's and molded seamlessly. His hands came up to frame Liam's face, and he felt Liam fist his hands onto his shirt by his shoulders.