○Chapter 8: You're perfect..○

It was the next day. Jinx told me there was something she was working on and wanted to show me.

Jinx: Boring.. Boring... Wow. Super boring.

She was hanging over the edge of the huge propeller thingy looking at a book, it seems as if she couldn't find what she was looking for.

Jinx: Ah, here we go!

She closed the books and looked at the contraption.

Jinx: It's all about these runes. They form some kind of math-y, magic-y gateway.

She showed me her notes. I scanned over the notes and hummed.

Jinx: To the relm of heebie-jeebies. And this.. turns it on. So here it goes.

She placed the smooth crystal in the contraption and it started glowing. She huffed and turned a nob. It sent an explosion and tossed us both backwards and all I saw was blue.

This situation felt... familiar..

And then I remembered.. the incident. I started having flashbacks, I grabbed my head and hit myself in the head with my fists trying to rid myself of the awful memories. Then, it turned off, I let out a relieved sigh and searched for Jinx. I saw her a little ways in front of me, she was crouched over holding her head and breathing heavily. She looked over at me and started sobbing.

Jinx: No. No! It was a mistake! It was a mistake.

She took off running.

Y/n: Shit, shit. She thinks I blame her.

I ran after her. I saw her turn a familiar way. She was going to The Last Drop, our hideout area. She walked in, I caught up two her just as she walked in, I stepped on some glass and she turned and put a hand on her gun.

Jinx: Oh (N/N) it's just you.

Y/n: Yeah, Are you alright?

I walked up in front of her and put my hands on her cheeks. She leaned into my touch.

Jinx: I guess...

Y/n: It's not your fault.

I smiled at her.

Y/n: Let's look around, we haven't been here in.. Ages.

She nodded. We silently walked around and looked at our old hideout from years ago when we were children. We continued looking around. Jinx stepped on a peice of metal with Mylo's face on it, It belonged to Vi's 'sparring partner' as I liked to call it. She bends down to pick it up and wipe dust off of it. Then there was a squack, Jinx pulled out her gun and I pulled out my knife. We looked over to see.. a crow? Jinx cocked her head to the side, the crow cawwed at us. Jinx chuckled and shot it. I giggled, that crow had it coming. She walks up to Vi's sparring partner and puts the metal back. Jinx pulls a lever and the machine started. She stood there for a moment, then punched the machine, she started attacking the machine, she screamed and kicked it one last time. The machine stopped, she beat Vi's highscore. I leaned against the wall. She was panting and glaring at the score on the scoreboard. She looked over at me and giggled.

Jinx: I did it Toots, I beat her score.

Y/n: good job.

I smiled she came down and hugged me. I put my arms around her and rubbed my hand gently across her back.

Y/n: Let's go back home.

-----------------------------------------------------------

We left our hideout and went to Silco's office he wasn't there so we climbed up the pole and into our area. Jinx was clinging on to me and asked me to bake her cupcakes, I was about to agree to her offer untill we heard the door open. We both knew it wasn't Silco, not the same footsteps, it was Marcus. We were both silent, neither of us wanted to be noticed. Silco walked into the room and starting conversating with Marcus.