twenty one

Here we are, a week later, back home.

Over the last week, since my heartbreaking find, nothing happened. We didn't have any games so we trained and trained. Mapi hasn't shut up about me calling her 'hot' and either has Patri. Each day is a new challenge that i'm trying to get by. It's hard but i'm surviving and i'm surviving because of the people around me.

Coming back after what i witnessed a week ago, wasn't ever going to be easy but as soon as we landed, i didn't move. I remember telling Patri that i didn't want to go, she tried to get me to move, but i wouldn't. Eventually she got Alexia who took my hand and walked off the plane with me and Jenni. I remember crying, i've cried a lot since that day and i'm not afraid to admit it.

Tonight, we play Arsenal in the Emirates. Today, i play in London for the first time since my move and today i play in the stadium i used to watch the men play in only a few years ago. It's amazing but it's not going to affect me. Today, this club will reach the next round of the champions League. A win today, would see us top the group and go through. I want this competition more than anything so nothing and no one will stand in my way.

In preparation of the game, we went on a walk, i told the girls all about the city and they all seemed genuinely interested which was a nice feeling. After our walk we traveled the short distance to the stadium. Arsenal fans were already arriving. We walked in and inspected the pitch, this time Arsenal weren't here yet so i couldn't talk to any of my former teammates which sucked but there's time for that after. After we inspected the pitch we warmed up and before i knew it, it was 8pm and it was time.

We walked out alongside Arsenal before peeling off to opposite sides for the champions league anthem. I walked out and couldn't help but think 'wow'. The fans, they cheered at me and i smiled, i clapped them all because although i don't play for their club anymore, they have helped me so much. Through the good and the bad, they've supported me and i have them to thank as much as anyone else.

Just like last time, we were shaking hands with the Arsenal players, i hugged everyone until Leah was the one standing in-front of me. Despite the obvious heartbreak i felt, i stuck my hand out but i can't say i was surprised when she just glanced at me and walked to Alexia who returned the favour and didn't shake her hand, instead Alexia glared at Leah who ran to join the rest of her team.

Both teams had a huddle and the game started. Arsenal kicked the game off as Viv passed to Jordan. This should be good.

"Arsenal vs arguably the best team in the world. What are you thinking?"

"Barcelona right now are quite easily the best team in the world. They just look levels above everyone else. Arsenal won't look at that though, they will be confident. Personally i think Barcelona will prove to strong for them and come out comfortable winners in the end"

"Who's key for Barcelona today?"

"Putellas and Roberts. We've seen it time and time again this season, their partnership is out of this world. Arsenal have a real job on their hands if they want to stop those two"

It didn't take us long, in the 22nd minute we were 1-0 up and i had scored again. Just like last time, i didn't celebrate my goal. I walked over to Jenni and hugged her, the rest of the team ran over and celebrated my goal.

"Roberts again! How good is she? And how good are this side?"

"Both incredible. Roberts, i think since leaving Arsenal has found a whole new level to her game. At Arsenal she was playing well, very well but now she looks like she's been playing at the professional level for years and years. She's so young but she's already a superstar."