twenty four

I wasn't alone for much longer as i heard my door open...

Patri came in. She tackled me, causing me to fall back and her to land on top of me. I lightly smiled at her as she rolled off me and we sat up. My smile had disappeared by the time we were both sat up. Patri put a hand on my leg. I just stared at the wall.

"You okay?"
She asked lightly.

"Been better. What about you? You okay?"

"I'm fine really. Now, what's up? I mean, i know what up but like- let me start again. Anything happen?"

"Yeah, it did"

"Well, i can get Alexia to come and talk to you if you want"

"No. Stay. I like talking to you, plus Alexia is with Jenni, they deserve some one on one time"
Patri smiled at me.

"That's good to hear. I like listening to what you have to say."

"Good, i'm glad. Eh, where do i start?"

"From the beginning. Well not the beginning. Start where we left off"

"Right. Viv- You know Viv, right?"

"Yeah. I know Viv"

"Okay. Well Viv hates her. She won't talk to her or celebrate with her on the pitch. Eh, some of mine and Leah's England teammates won't acknowledge her either. Some of the Arsenal girls have told her how disappointed they are in her. Leah for whatever reason thought it would be a good idea to try and apologise to Viv but Viv started yelling at her, she told her to stay away from me and to stop talking about me. Leah over the past couple of days has been calling me but i haven't answered. She sent me voice messages, five i think. Wait- Here, just listen to them"
I threw my phone to Patri who listened to each voice message. I then told her to read the text i sent so she did.

"Was i too rude? Should i have been a little nicer?"

"What! No! Sophie, the things she did- The things she said were so unbelievably wrong so no, you were not too rude or mean. She needs to know that she doesn't have you wrapped around her finger anymore. She needs to know that this time, she's lost you and this time she's really fucked up"

"I guess you're right. Thanks Patri"
I said with a light, fragile smile.

"I'm always right, Ms Roberts. Hey, i'm playing against you next week!"
I looked at her like she was out of this world. How is she playing me? We play for the same team.

"Patri, you alright? We both play for Barca"

"Oh. Yes, i know that silly but the international break starts in a couple of days"
My heart stopped right there, in that exact moment.
International break = Leah and Jordan. Thankfully Keira is back. Lucy isn't, not yet, Ellie is the same. She's close, but not yet.

"International break. Yay"
I said, sarcastically.

"Personally i love them. It's good to see friends that you don't see everyday"

"Yeah. It is. I don't feel well."
I said. I felt fine but i don't want to go.

"Sophie"

"Patri. I don't"

"Sophie..."

"I'm being serious. I can't go. I don't feel well"
I started crying.

"I'm getting Alexia. No buts"

"Bu-"

"I said no buts. I'm getting her"
Patri left the room.

No one's pov
Jenni and Alexia were sat outside on the balcony. Patri approached the Spanish couple with worry all over her face. It was Jenni who noticed the worried Patri.

"Patri!! Hey, what's up?"
Jenni asked, once seeing Patri's expression.

"I- She- Alexia?"
Alexia turned around.

"hm"

"Sophie te necesita. No se que hacer"
Sophie needs you. I don't know what to do.

"¿Por qué? ¿Se encuentra ella bien?"
Why? Is she okay?

"No exactamente. No"
Not exactly. No.

"Ella no quería que fuera a buscarte. Ella dijo que tú y Jenni se merecen tiempo."
She didn't want me to come looking for you. She said you and Jenni deserve time.
Patri added but by that time Alexia was already rushing to Sophie's room.

End of pov
I felt awful when Alexia ran in. She immediately hugged me.

"You didn't need to come. I'm okay, really. You and Jenni deserve time, alone"

"Sophie. I want you to be okay. You come first, always. I'll keep my promise, okay?"

I nodded and told Alexia what had happened. I let her hear the voice messages and read my message.

"You know, i'm not the biggest fan of her"
I chuckled.

"Yeah. I figured that. I don't think Patri is either"

"Definitely. Mapi, Leila and Jenni don't like her much either. Honestly, don't worry about it, you've got the whole squad on your side. They'd fight anyone for you"
I laughed.

"Well. I must say, i'm really, really glad to have them on my side. Especially Mapi, i would run if she came up to me"

"Or pass out?"

"And why would i do such a thing?"

"Because you called her hot?"

"Once again, i said sometimes. I also called Patri hot but, i can't say i would run away if Patri came up to me. She's too sweet to do anything. Poor girl wouldn't harm a fly"
I laughed which made Alexia laugh as well.

"Patri? How do you feel about Patri?"

"She's cool. Nah, Patri is amazing. She's my travel buddy"
Alexia smirked ever so slightly.

"And may i ask why you would ask such a question?"

"Because baby Patri is crazy in love with you"

"Is she?"

"Yeah. Has been since the day she laid eyes on you"

"That's cute"

"Give her a shot"

"As much as i would love to, i can't. It's nothing to do with Patri because she's an amazing girl, it's all down to me. Alexia, i would hate myself if i hurt her and right now, all it would take is Leah coming back into my life in any way for me to hurt Patri. As much as i want Leah out of my life, i can't be with anyone else right now. I'm not mentally ready"

"That's fair. Maybe one day?"

"Yeah. Never say never. Alexia. I don't want to go to England."
i said quickly.

"Why? It's your home?"

"International break equals Leah and Jordan. No thanks"

"Lucky for you, i'm only a call away"

"Lucky for me, i could end up rooming with either of them"

"Call me. Ask to swap with someone. Anything. If it gets that bad, i'll literally fly out and bring you home. Okay?"

"Of course that's not okay. I'm playing you in a week, dumbass"

"Yeah, fair enough. After the game, you come with me and we will talk. If you can't take it anymore, we will make up an excuse and i'll see what i can do from there. We will make up an excuse which will stop you traveling with the squad back to England and then leave the rest to me. Deal?"

"I didn't take you as the mischievous type but yeah, deal"

"I'm not but you come first"
I smiled.

******
For the rest of the day Alexia, Jenni and Patri kept my mind away from all of the problems in my life. Honestly, i didn't think about her or them for the rest of the day.

We just sat outside. We spoke, we joked around and we had a kick about. I must say, i fairly enjoyed my day today.