35. Second Floor Trouble

Me and Eric were just dancing around the ball room, trying to keep an eye on the NCT members.

"Do you still count 17 of them?". Eric whispered in my ear. "Yes, still 17 members". I told him. "Good".

We kept our eyes open to see if any of the NCT members might do something or might leave.
I focused back on Eric and his face and body were very uneasy. I could feel the tension coming off him.

I grabbed his hand. "Hey what are you thinking about?". I asked him concerned. He sighed. "It's just... I have a feeling that something's gonna go wrong. It's too quiet". He said still looking at his surroundings.

"Maybe they're just dumb and didn't notice anything". I said with a slight giggle to lift up the mood.

"These guys aren't dumb. They're quite quick to notice something's going on". He eyes travelled up to the place where Sunwoo was, but he wasn't there anymore.

"Let's go". He quickly grabbed my hand and took me with him. We arrived at a side hall of the big Mansion.

"Is there something wrong?". I asked him as he took me up some stairs. Eric was about to say something, but was stopped by a different voice.

"Hey! Were do you guys think you're going?".
We stopped walking up the stairs and both our heads shot into the direction of the voice. One of the security guards stood there. Eric cleared his voice and walked down the stairs up to him while having a smirk on his face.

"Oh come on man, i just wanted to have some fun with my girl". Eric told the man. My eyes went wide. What did he just say? For some reason my cheeks did burn up.

"We were looking for a place to be alone and to... well you know". He said shrugging. My eyes widened at his comment. The security guard looked at me for a second, but turned his focus back to Eric. "Be quick then". He told Eric as he walked away.

Eric turned back to me with a smirk on his face, while i was still a bit in shock by what he said. He walked up to me with a giggle.

"Don't look at me like that, I know you would like it". He said brushing past me to walk up the stairs. My eyes went wide again and i felt really embarrassed. I quickly snapped back to reality and walked after him.

We arrived at the second floor where the others should be. We were about to walk into a different hall, but Eric stopped me. "What?". I asked quietly. "There are people in there". He whispered.

"Let's go this way". He said taking my hand while walking into the other hall where all the lights were turned off. Only the moonlight lit up the hallway.

We were met with Younghoon. "Younghoon hyung". Eric said. He turned around and walked up to us.

"What's happening? Did you guys find it?". Eric asked him. Younghoon shook his head. "No not yet, but it's not safe up here. You guys should stay downstairs". He said walking, well more like running away from us.

"But hyung!". Eric whisper yelled as his figure disappeared. A sigh left his lips. "I'm not gonna sit around and do nothing". Eric said softly.
He started walking after Younghoon, but i didn't follow him. Apparently Eric didn't notice and left me alone standing in the dark hall.

I made my way to the other side of the second floor. The other hall where voices could be heard earlier. My steps were quiet and careful, as if i was walking on eggshells. I was trying not to make any sounds. As i arrived at the other hall, there weren't any voices anymore, and here too were the lights turned off.

Suddenly i saw that a shadow was about to turn around the corner. I quickly hid behind a wall.
My breath got stuck into my throat due to my nervousness. The foot steps got closer to me. Please don't come any closer, otherwise they will see me. But the foot steps got duplicated. There's more than one person here.

"Did you see them up here?". I heard a voice say. "I mean they're not downstairs anymore, so they must be up here". A different voice said.

"And the girl? Did you see her downstairs?". The man who first spoke said. It was quiet and i assumed the other person shook his hand in respons.

"What's this?". One of the said. Their foot steps got closer to me. No please stop. I squeezed my eyes shut, maybe this will make it better.

Their foot steps stopped and i didn't hear anything for a while. I opened my eyes and peaked around the corner of the wall. They were kneeled down and looked at an object that was laying on the floor.

The man with blond hair picked up the object. "Have you seen this before?". He asked the smaller figure standing next to him. The latter shook his head.

"That's because it's a newly made weapon, created by me". Eric said appearing at the other side of the hall. The two man turned their bodies into his direction. "A weapon? This tiny little object?". Both men bursted out laughing.

I could see the smirk on Eric's face. "Small things could surprise you by its abilities". Eric said taking small steps back. "As if". The man with blond hair said. "Oh you don't believe me". Eric said stopping in his tracks. The two men started to look a little nervous. 

"How about now?". Eric said holding up a small remote while pressing the red button on it. The small object exploded and smoke came out of it. It wasn't much, but the two slowly started stumbling to the ground. Their legs giving up on them and they collapsed to the ground.

Are they dead? What did he do to them? "Don't worry, they're not dead". I heard his voice. I came out from behind the wall and looked at him. "How did you know?". I asked him. "Your dress stuck out next to the wall". He said and i nodded.

"For how long will they be out?". I asked him. "Not very long, but it will give us some time". He started walking and i walked after him. "We need to meet the others. Since they already know we're up here, it's not safe anymore. We need to leave".

"That's right. But we won't let you go that easily".