Chapter 13

SCARLETT'S POV:

After I put Ry back on the sofa I go off to see if Liz needs anything. I knock on the door and hear a small 'Come in'. I smile and open the door. "Oh Liz you don't look very well at all!" I say. She laughs weakly. Her forehead is sweaty, she's wrapped in blankets and she is so pale. "I don't feel well" she croaks. "Do you want anything? Water? Juice?" I ask sitting on the bed. "Is Ry okay?" she asks. "Yeah she's fine. I managed to get her diaper changed and to get her top on but that's all. I can try again if you want" I tell her but she shakes her head. "No that's fine as long as she isn't naked!" we both laugh. "Seriously though Scar. I'm so grateful that you're doing this. You really don't have to" she says again. "Nope. I love looking after Ry! It's no problem plus it's nice watching the girls play even if they do fight all the time" Liz laughs before yawning. "I'll let you sleep. Love you" I say bending over and kissing her hot forehead and leaving the room. When I shut the door I see Ry stood outside holding her bear. "You okay?" I ask her. "I want mummy" she whines. "I know but mummy's sick" I tell her. She shakes her head "Mummy say she never too sick for cuddles" I smile at her cuteness. "Well mummy is sleeping so we can have cuddles later" I tell her lifting her up and taking her back to the sofa.

After watching three movies I look at the clock and see it's 12:30pm so it's time to start lunch. I'll probably just do sandwiches now and then a cooked meal later tonight. "What are you girls wanting in your sandwiches?" I ask taking them both to the kitchen. "I want peanut butter please mummy" Rose asks as I place her on the chair I know Riley doesn't like peanut butter so I ask "Ry what do you want?" "Mummy" she says. "How about after you eat we can take mummy some lunch?" I ask hoping that will help persuade her. She thinks for a moment before nodding and walking over to us. "I want cheese" she says. "What's the magic word?" I say. "Pwease!!" I smile and place her in her high-chair and make the girls their lunch. I know what Liz will want. A cheese, tomato and cucumber sandwich. It's her favourite for when she's sick. After I eat lunch with Rose and Ry, Rose goes off to play whilst Ry watches me clean up. "Why don't you play with Rose?" I ask washing the plates. Ry sits on the floor and says "Cos I want mummy and you say I take mummy lunch" she tells me. I smile as I continue to wash up. She's the cutest! "How about you play with Rose and I'll come and fetch you when I've made mummy's sandwich" I tell her. She nods and waddles off to where Rose went.

RILEY'S POV:
I just want mummy so Aunty Scarlett says if I eat my lunch I can have mummy. I eat all my lunch but she doesn't take me to mummy. I'm sad now because she said I could have mummy. I sit on the floor and Aunty Scarlett notices and says if I go and play with Rose I can have mummy. I go off to where Rose went and sit next to her. "Hi Riley" Rose says. "Do you want to play mummies?" she asks. I shake my head. "Why not?" she asks. "I sad" I mumble. "You're sad?" she asks and I nod. "Why are you sad?" she asks me. "I want mummy" I say and my bottom lip starts to tremble. Rose pulls me onto her lap even though she isn't much bigger than me. She gives me cuddles which is nice. Aunty Scarlett comes in and kneels down next to us. "Aw are you giving Ry cuddles?" Aunty Scarlett asks and Rose nods. "She was sad" she tells her. "Ry was sad?" Aunty Scarlett asks. Rose nods "Yeah so I gave her cuddles" Rose says. "Aw come here honey" Aunty Scarlett says taking me from Rose. "Why are you sad?" Aunty Scarlett asks. "Mummy" I mumble. "You want mummy?" she asks and I nod. "Come on then. Lets take mummy some lunch!" she says lifting me up onto her hip. I nod and rest my head on her shoulder. "You take the juice in the cup. Be careful" Aunty Scarlett says before handing me a plastic cup. I take it and walk slowly with her to mummy's room. She opens the door and I go over to her and pass her the drink.

LIZZIE'S POV:
My door opens and instead of Scar I see Ry! "Hey Ry!" I say as she passes me some juice. "Aw thank you baby girl" I say. "Mummy voice" she says. "I have a sore throat honey" I tell her and she nods before climbing onto the bed. "I eat all my lunch mummy!" she says and I smile. "You're such a good girl" I say before kissing her. "Mummy want cuddles pwease?" she asks. I really do want cuddles with Ry but I'm hot and cold and I don't feel good and as much as I love Ry I don't want her climbing all over me. "Not yet baby. Let mamma eat some lunch" I tell her. She looks a little sad so I pass her a cucumber to cheer her up. "Have you had a nap yet baby?" I ask when I see her yawn. She shakes her head and Scar sits on the bed. "I'm sorry I didn't think about her having naps. Rose doesn't have them anymore" Scar says. "No it's fine she doesn't normally sleep until an hour after I feed her lunch. When did she eat?" I ask. "Don't you worry about that. I have everything under control" Scar says. I nod and start to eat my lunch. "Come on Ry let's go so mummy can have some peace" Scar says. "On your way out could you pass the me TV remote please?" I ask and Scar nods. She passes me the remote before lifting a sad looking Ry up and shutting the door behind her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word count- 1067 

Hope you're all liking this. Thanks for 1.5k reads! :)