Chapter 22

RILEY'S POV:
I wake up and realise IT'S CHRISTMAS!!! I wiggle out of bed and run into mammas room with Rose. I see her cuddling with Aunty Scarlett and me and Rose climb onto the bed and start jumping around shouting for them to get up. They don't move but I see Aunty Scarlett smile. "You wake?" I ask sitting on top of mamma. "No" mummy says. I frown "You speak" I say poking her mouth. Mummy rolls over and looks at the clock. "Baby it's only half past four. Please can you go back to bed?" she asks me. "But mamma! It Cwismas!" I whine. She pulls me under the covers and lies me on top of her. "How about we have a Christmas cuddle" mamma says and I nod. I love mamma cuddles. Aunty Scarlett does the same with Rose and before I know it I'm asleep again.

LIZZIE'S POV:
After being woken up by Ry and Rose at half four we all go back to sleep for a bit. Ry wakes us all up again a few horus later. This time it's half past six so I decide that we can open some gifts if she promises to not be grumpy this afternoon. She promises so I get out of bed, lift her up and we all go into the living room. "Look mamma! Santa been!" Ry screams as we go into the living room. I laugh and place her on the floor. She runs up to the tree and points to a pile of presents that say 'To Riley, Love Santa' on them. Rose goes to an identical pile and me and Scar sit on the sofa. Before Ry opens anything she walks over and climbs onto me. "Why mamma no got pwesents?" she asks me. "Mammas too old honey. You're only a baby so you get lots of presents but mammas too old for Santa to bring presents" I tell her. She thinks for a second before jumping off my lap, grabbing a gift and putting it on my lap. "Der now you have pwesent" she says before going back to her pile. She is just the sweetest! She pulls at the wrapping but starts whining a little when she cant get it off. "Do you want some help?" I ask her and she nods. I go and sit on the floor and sit Ry on my lap. "Which one?" I ask looking at all the presents. "Dis" she says pulling a little present onto my lap.

We spend about half an hour opening all the gifts before we take the girls into the kitchen for breakfast. "Santa da best!" Ry says as I sit her in the high-chair. "He is?" I ask smiling a little. "Mhm cos he got me a dolly!" she says smiling massively. "Yeah he did" I say passing her and Rose matching bowls with some coco pops in them. I pass them each a spoon and help them eat whilst Scar makes us both coffees. "What time are we going to yours?" I ask Scar whilst the girls chat away to each other. "I recon we need to be there before eleven so we have a little more time here" she tells me passing me my coffee. "Thanks" I say before taking a sip. Just what I needed to wake me up fully.

RILEY'S POV:
I have so much energy!! Santa came and he even got me what I wanted! I wrote a letter with what I want and he gave it me. He's the best!! Mamma feeds me and Rose brekkie before taking us to get changed. I let mamma change me without wiggling which is a first. She then takes me to brush my teeth. I hate having my teeth brushed. The toothpaste tastes gross. Mamma sits me on the counter and grabs my princess toothbrush out the cupboard and puts the paste stuff on it. I push her hand away. "No mamma. No like!" I say pushing her hand away again. "I know baby but we just have to use this till later when mamma can buy you a new one" she tells me. I stick my tongue out as she puts it in my mouth and brushes my teeth. She then does hers but I take her brush and brush her teeth for her. This makes her laugh. I love making mamma laugh! After that we go into the living room again and I sit and play with all my new toys. Rose and Aunty Scarlett leave part way through but I don't mind playing by myself.

I've been playing for soooooo long! "Ry honey? Can you come and put your shoes and coat on now? We need to go to Scarlett's" mamma calls from the front of the house. I don't want to go as I'm liking playing with my new toys. I don't answer so mamma comes in and lifts me up. I whine and wiggle from her grasp but she keeps me on her hip. "Did you not here? We have to go to Aunty Scarlett's house honey" she tells me again. "I hear I just play" I tell her. "So you ignored me?" she asks and I shrug. "Well it isn't nice to ignore people okay? We can bring a toy if you want to" she tells me so I run and grab my new dolly. Mamma puts my little boots on and goes to put my coat on but I don't like it. It makes my arms feel stuck so I move around so she cant put it on. "Baby it's freezing outside you need a coat" mummy tells me. "No!" I say moving around again. Mamma pulls me onto her lap and manages to get the coat on me. "See that wasn't so bad" she says zipping it up. I just start crying because I don't like it. "Mamma no like!" I sob as I pull at the sleeves. "You don't like that?" she asks crouching down. I shake my head and she takes it off me. "Okay I'm sure I have another coat for you. Stay here" she says walking off into the house. I walk up to the big window next to the front door and peak out. I see some people lying in the snow and when they get up there are pretty things underneath them. I want to do that!!

LIZZIE'S POV:
I grab another coat for Ry as she said she didn't like the one she has on. It's understandable because it is a little small on her it's just I know it will keep her warm so I wanted her to wear that. Instead she has a fluffy pink one that I'm sure will be comfier for her and will keep her somewhat warm. I put it on her with a pink hat to match and as soon as we get out she dives into the snow. I burst out laughing and watch as she wiggles around. I think for a second before realising she's trying to make a snow angle. "Honey like this" I say bending down and moving her arms and legs for her. She does it herself and I take some photos of her. Afterwards I dust her off before strapping her into the car-seat and driving over to Scar's house. Ry chatters all the way about how she loves all her presents and how she cant wait to tell everyone about them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word count- 1251 

I hope you're all liking this so far! I'm loving writing it so i hope you're all liking it as much as me 😂 Any suggestions let me know :)