Civil

"You're not Steve" You both said together in confusion, pointing a finger at each other.

"Sometimes I feel like you're stalking me" Bucky says putting the bottle down.

"Shut up and same" you say as you turn and start to leave.

"You're not going anywhere! Either of you!"

You and Bucky both shot your head up to see Steve standing by the gym door. Arms crossed over his shoulder, eyes furrowed and a tired look on his face.

"Why?" you asked hesitantly, already having a hint of 'why'.

You have seen how the growing rivalry between you and Bucky had drawn other's attention and how they wanted you both to be in good terms, especially Steve. As you know you cannot risk anything, you are Avengers for a reason. You gotta trust each other and to have their backs. And you totally understand this and knew even Bucky did. Anyway, Tony, Nat and Sam really seemed enjoying it, it was like their source of their entertainment.

"You are both going to practice together for as long as it takes you both to be civil with each other."

"I'm not practicing with her!" Bucky said and shut his mouth when his friend glared at him.

"If you're scared then No, I won't kill him on the mission Captain" you say calmly. Unsure if you would follow your own words.

"That's not enough" Steve sighs "I'll keep a check on you both" and with that he locks the gym door.

"Punk!" Bucky mumbles and because he was just behind you, you hear it "I'm not sure if I'll not kill you on this mission or any other" he says to you.

"Same" You reply, looking around for escape.

"So you lied to him!" He says in half disbelief and half frustration at his friend.

Give him a 'look' your face screaming 'The-fuck-you-serious-?'

~

After sitting on two opposite corners of the room, tired of boxing practice, and regretting your life choices, you were both thinking about how to get out of there.

"So what do we do?" Bucky says breaking the silence.

"Shut up, I'm here because of you" you say rolling your eyes.

"I was gonna say that!"

"Oldass weirdo" you scoff. "Pretend that we talked, and everything is fine?" you say as you couldn't think of a better idea.

"Not easy but will do" Bucky scoffed, clearly he too had no ideas in his brain.

"Yeah don't die in the attempt" you said sarcastically.

"What about the black-eye?" Bucky said getting off the floor and narrowing his eyes at you.

"You deserved that" 

You smirk getting off the floor yourself.

"Really! What did I do?" Bucky said looking at you, as you both moved toward the camera at the door, set by Steve.

"You breathed" you said and flicked your hair back and Bucky scoffed, rolling his eyes.

When you both came out and Bucky lied about his eye saying that you had missed the hit and it by mistake landed on his eye. You made it very clear that you both are civil to each other but that doesn't mean that you are friends or have to do anything together.

"I can win an Oscar" You mumble to yourself, proud that you controlled you anger in front of Steve and kept that fake-smile intact. 

"I can't handle her" Bucky mumbled, holding his hand near his now swollen black eye.

Both going your separate ways.

Days passed way quicker than you could imagine. It was Christmas already. You still pretended to be civil with Bucky, but that didn't stop the prank war between you two.

In the middle of the fight too, you both didn't help each other a bit. You even secretly planned that you could hit him and blame the enemy and you highly doubt he wouldn't have thought of it too.

~

"Y/n?" you heard the sound but couldn't recognise it. "Are you.....the team members......get you okay?"

Flashbacks

"MOMMY!" little Y/n screamed as she duked her head inside the car, missing a bullet.

The windows shattered as the car hit the tree. The cars following them were approaching with gunshots heard everywhere.

"Trust me baby, okay?" Eliana said holding little Y/n with her right hand close to her chest, her left hand pressing her right shoulder to stop the bullet wound from bleeding. You nodded sniffing, tears falling, as you both jumped off the bridge.

"Mommy, are you okay? Don't leave me mommy!" Little y/n cried as doctors attended, 28-Year-old Eliana.

"My baby, I'm so proud of you!" 33-year-old Eliana said as she hugged Y/n, who had just won a 100meters dash, both giggling and smiling.

"NOOO! Get away or I'll kill you" Y/n screamed as tears fell down her cheek "Don't touch her!"

You fell on your knees as the gun shot was heard, a body fell across from you, eyes red from crying, you had killed the man.

"You did nothing wrong baby." Eliana whispered, struggling to hold your hands and wiped you tears "I'm good and proud of you, I love you. Trust me, okay?"

"I love you mommy. I trust you. Mommy?" You say as you shake her limp body "Mommy" You scream lying you head on her.

"Y/n, you're okay...y/n just get up"

"It's okay, it's okay Y/n" A voice said as you felt someone holding your arm.

You bolt up off the bed you were lying on and try to recognize your surroundings, "Tony" You sob holding him tight, tears still running down like river "Tony, I saw the flashbacks...my mom, but but she was..dying...Tony"

"Shhhh I know. I saw my fear too, half of the team did." Tony says holding you protectively as you put your head on his shoulder.

"That girl, I was fighting I didn't see that coming, a flash and I was on ground then... What was she and that?" You say as you calm down and drink from the glass Bruce had brought you.