Smile

~Next Day 5.30am~

Thursday~

Bucky woke up to the sound of his alarm going off. He sat up as the duvet slipped to show his bare chest and well-formed muscles. He looked around in the sunlit room and out of the window down at the city, when out of nowhere a mischievous smile formed on his face knowing that his plan might have worked, and you would have been up till late night yesterday, cleaning all the glitter.

You the hell deserved it he thought. His hair still smelled like slime, and he took total 15 minutes to get that bloody green sticky thing off himself. Of course she deserved it.

He didn't realize how first time in decades, the first thought after waking up wasn't the guilt of killing those people as the Winter Soldier or the torture Hydra put him through or missing his old life. Moreover, his first thought after waking up was you.

God! What will take this realization to hit him?

He quickly changed into his running shorts and a plain black tee, then went out of his room. Right in front of his face was your room, door shut of course. He smirked again over his victory. Little did he know you had gone to Wanda's room to sleep, and not stayed in your room and cleaning the mess.

Bucky had felt a little bad when he had heard you that first day, that this room, he selected, was actually pre-selected by someone, who really wanted this room. Knowing that it was you however helped a little bit in not feeling that guilty that he would have felt if it was someone else. Actually, it wasn't his fault, he didn't even know. It was no one's fault, just a mere confusion.

He reached the tracks to find that Steve was already running as always, surprisingly even Sam was running with him which was new. Sam would always come down around 8, he was early.

~Saturday~

You were little relieved that your best friend was there for you when you needed her the most. Here you were sat with her in the park close to her and Liam's apartment where you had been spending the last three days. You hadn't visited them in a long time and they had been calling you over for a while now. Also, you thought a break from 'we-save-the-world-but-we-can-literally-die' was very much needed.

"Y/n, you can't keep holding onto it. You need to try." Sue said quietly. She knew what your nightmare was about, of course she did. She was there in that phase of your life. She had always been.

"I know but I can't Susan. I don't know why. I suck." You said looking at you best friend, putting on a smile, thinking you could fool your bestie if you'd act as if it didn't bother you. But Sue was one who had seen you in your best and worst. She knew you better.

You heard little kids cry in the background as their parents huffed and made tired noises. Evening looked beautiful, with the sunset painting the canvas of pink sky with hints of orange and purple.

"Y/n..." Susan cooed sadly but you had zoned out. Sue looked at you from where she sat on your left. Looking at you she realized how much she missed her bestie, the old one who'd smile on tiny things, who look so happy always. The one who was careless and joyful. Then she realized how you weren't the same teenager so in love anymore. You weren't the same girl who had so many dreams anymore.

But there was a thing she had noticed, which actually gave her hope, that you did indeed smile and laugh a little now, first time in these 5years. All since you had moved to the tower.

She was so happy for you that you had found these people who had become like your family, something you had never had. Your eyes would shine when you'd talk about each one of them.