Bonus 1. Rendu

*Purely Fictional Story*

AN: As promised, here's a bonus OS. Dvi and Tri are back for a feel-good chapter!

__________________

"Renda? Adhellam vendam Ashwin."

"Maa please ma! No solldhe please! Enakkum adhu dhan aasai."

"Un ponnunga kettanga nu nee ellathukum ok solluviya?"

"Paavam kutties aasai a kettanga, adha kedupaane?"

Sivaangi who was sitting on the sofa, threw a glare at her husband who was sitting on the floor below. Ashwin quickened his pace of folding that day's laundry as if to impress his wife to give in to his aasai.

"Rendu cake jaasthi. Onnu order pannalam. They should learn to share la Ashwin."

It was nearing midnight and the couple were up planning their daughters' fourth birthday party which was a week away. Sivaangi didn't know who was more excited about the party – the birthday babies or their appa.

Earlier that morning, Ashwin had tried waking up the kids with wild excitement.

"Dvi! Tri! Wake up." He had tried to tickle them but got no reaction.

"Dvi maa, seekaram ezhundhuko. Tri, please maa." He had continuously pleaded but his daughters royally ignored him. They each had thrown a leg on him and continued in deep slumber. Ashwin was disappointed. He had wanted to start the day early planning for the party and go shopping for the kids' clothes. "Amma maari ponnungalum eppapru thookam." he had commented, thinking Sivaangi was in the kitchen. Ill luck, she was just outside the bedroom and had heard it. She had come barging into the room with her hands on her hip "Saturday dhane, pasanga thoongaraangale, namma pondatti oda kitchen la romance pannuvome nu unakke edhana iruka? Sutham, waste nee, zero." She had exited the room without looking back. Of course, Ashwin had not followed her. He had gone on to cuddle his daughters and doze off. Which explains why Sivaangi was still glaring at him after the kids had gone to bed.

"Illa Sivaangi, they already share a lot. Right from their birthdate to their friends. I want them to have their individuality. It's a matter of a cake, why can't we let them choose their separate ones?" Seeing Ashwin brooding, anyone would have thought it was he who was being denied of his birthday cake.

She adored his involvement in the smallest of things when it came to Dvi and Tri. Unable to bear the sulk on his face, she came down and sat next to him, leaning on the sofa and throwing one of her legs on him. "Individuality ku, they can pick their own clothes, whatever they want. Aana, they should learn to share from this age la? Ippothalirundhu pazhakanum." She turned to look at him and chided "Aanalum nee avangala konjam over a spoil pandra. Ellame rendu rendu nu. Vendaam Ashwin. Share panna pazhagikatum."

Ashwin knew his wife was right. They had had instances where their kids had initially gotten into multiple physical fights. Not having had to share previously, it was new for Dvi and Tri to share with each other. It took a lot of cajoling from Ashwin and stern threats from Sivaangi for the number of fights to come down. "Okay, naalaiku avangale decide pannatum seri a? It's their birthday ma. Indha oru vaati rendu, seri a?" he pleaded, while constantly playing with her toes.

She sighed and gave in. "Seri. Naalaiku pesalam. And tomorrow, you cook alone in the morning."

__________________

Sunday morning dawned to find Ashwin cooking in the kitchen while his three girls slept. A half hour later, just as he was almost done making breakfast, he heard tiny feet stomping behind him alerting him that it was Dvi. Tri's footsteps were milder and softer, and she tended to sleep in more especially when Sivaangi was cuddling her. Once Dvi made her way to Ashwin, he picked her up and kissed her sleepy face "Good morning kutty madam" he wished her and in response, Dvi looped her arms around his neck, rested her face on his shoulder and murmured "thookam". Ashwin smiled and hugged her tighter, whispering gibberish to make her smile. He succeeded as Dvi woke up giggling.