Bonus 5. One More

*Purely Fictional Story*

__________________

"We won't trouble Mali Paati ammi." Tri stated, sitting on the sofa's arm with her legs resting on Sivaangi's lap. Her small palms were caressing her mother's cheeks willing away the exhaustion that was clearly visible on the pregnant lady's eyes.

"We'll be good girls." Dvi quipped, prancing around the hall. She was currently engaged in the game of testing how well she knew their hall and whether she could navigate the space with her eyes closed. Judging by how she steered clear of all the objects, Sivaangi was sure the tot did not have her eyes closed after all.

"Dvi, please oru edathula okkaru. Else you are going to hurt yourself." The tired mother warned her daughter.

"Dvi, vandhu sit" Tri voiced out in the same stern tone that Sivaangi usually used with the girls to discipline them.

"I will paathukaren" Dvi responded, lightly opening her eyes to see the direction in which Ashwin was entering the hall and went to hug his knee, closing her eyes again. She giggled when strong arms came to lift her but feigned panic and screamed "Ayyaiyo ayyaiyo who who!".

"Don't act Dvi. Adhu appa" Tri rolled her eyes and looked at her mother for her reaction. When she saw Sivaangi roll her eyes too, Tri giggled, hitting her forehead with her petite palm for her sister's drama. Whom else did her twin expect would lift her in their house!

Ashwin nuzzled the daughter in his hand and went over to the sofa to lift the other daughter as well. The tots clung to him and started dancing while still in his arms, waving their hands in front of his and each other's faces. "Paathu maa, kanna kuthika poreenga" he cautioned. The girls, not paying heed, urged their dad to sway too, pulling his tee-shirt to the tune of their made-up song. When their actions got loud, he groaned under the dual weight and told Sivaangi "The girls are getting heavier."

"You are old appa" Tri casually told him while still dancing in his arms. Dvi stopped her actions, glared at Ashwin and then went on to dance with reinforced vigour.

"Ada, I should remember more often that my darling daughters can now understand and speak ara-gora English" Ashwin laughed, dropping the kids on top of the dining table. The girls clambered down to the dining chairs and sat to have their dinner that Ashwin had plated for them while Ashwin fetched them water in their Dora water cups and settled with them to ensure they ate properly.

On seeing Sivaangi lift herself and walk towards them, he pulled out a chair for her to sit next to him, ensuring there was much space between the table and her pregnant belly. It pained him to see her this tired; he was waiting for their baby to come to the world soon – he knew it would not be a cakewalk thereafter, but at least he'd be able to share that tiredness with his wife. Sensing the direction of Ashwin's thoughts, Sivaangi stroked his newly grown stubble and gave him a flying kiss. When he didn't catch it and fuse it with his heart like he usually did, she phony-glared at him and nudged her eyes towards his chest. Chuckling, Ashwin waved his hand around in the air as if trying to catch the wandering kiss and then tightly hugged it to his heart. His goofiness made Sivaangi smile, but she had other items in her mind that needed attention now.

Going back to the topic that she had initiated with the kids, Sivaangi advised them for the nth time "Mali paati veetla chamatha irukanum. No fighting, no crying. Appo dhan amma anga happy a baby a deliver panna mudiyum. Purunjudha?"

Sivaangi had been advised to admit herself in the hospital early next morning for her delivery to be induced. Due to the hospital restrictions, only one attendant was being allowed with her and Ashwin was adamant that it ought to be him. He did not want his parents to fly in the current pandemic situation as he was worried for their health – while his parents understood his concern, they somehow wanted to help the young couple. It took a lot of assurances from Malini for them to agree to stay put "Naa paathukaren pasangala, kavala padadheenga. Delivery ku apparam-um samayal lam naa paathukaren. Enaku vera enna important-a iruku idha vida?"