Bonus 4. No

*Purely Fictional Story*

AN: Readerseyy, here's a short filler OS. Happy reading!

__________________

"No, ippove venum."

"Sivaangi, please maa. Naalaiku. Kandipa. I promise."

"No. Ippo."

"Maa, yen ma. Rathri time a paaru ippo."

"Ippo nee padariya, illa na kovama pottuma?"

"Ippo na paadra nelamai la illa. Purinjuko. Paduthaadhe."

"Ippo edhuku nee kovama pesare? Po."

Slowing pulling herself from the sofa, the heavily pregnant Sivaangi tried her best to express her anger through a powerful walk away from their petty argument. Knowing her belly was slowing her down and that her walk would not yield an apology from Ashwin, she turned to her husband to prod him again.

"'Neethanadi' nu– urugi urugi feel panirkaaru andha manushan. Adhula irundhu unnala oru rendu lines enakku paada mudiyaadha? Nan enna diamond necklace a ketten. Ennaku pidicha aaloda paatu dhane ketten."

Sivaangi was not going to let go of this. She had initially started off that morning by hinting to Ashwin that she loved the latest song of her favourite actor and wished someone sang like that for her. Since Ashwin didn't grasp the fact that it was an indirect hint for him to sing for her, she openly asked him to do so that night. "Adhu sogha paatu maaru iruku. Naa paadamaaten." was the dismissive response she had received.

Sivaangi's hormones had been ruling her mind and heart for the past few months now, deciding every reaction of hers. Maybe another day she would have burst out crying on hearing Ashwin's indifferent tone. However, today, they told her to demand and fight till she got what she wanted.

"Enakaaga nee idhu kooda pannamaate la?"

"Yen ma paduthare?"

"Oh! Ippo nan paduthareno?"

"Aama, morning un ponnunga, ippo nee."

Sivaangi's hormones did a 180degree turn and tears flooded her eyes. "Neeye vandhu paadinaalum, enakku vendam. Nan poren."

Ashwin sighed as Sivaangi gave her fastest walk to the bedroom that was possible in her condition. The day had not been in his favour, and now neither was the night. He had had a sleepless night the previous night what with Sivaangi restlessly twisting around in the bed unable to sleep. The twins were made to sleep in a smaller bed adjacent to the parents' bed to ensure they slept peacefully and for Sivaangi to have the room for herself on the bed. So, while the twins were hyper in the morning, it had fallen on Ashwin to balance all that energy with his grogginess while Sivaangi dozed peacefully finally.

The dutiful father had fed the babies their breakfast that morning and settled them with colouring books while he prepared for his 8:30am work call. It was an important one and Ashwin needed to stay sharp for it. He had spent a lot of time preparing for this meeting, he had his notes organized and had gone over his points in is head multiple times while showering. Ensuring the twins were occupied as Sivaangi was still sleeping, he had sat down for the one-hour long video call.

It had been only around 5 minutes into the call when Ashwin had to mute himself because the girls were loudly arguing.

"Enkku indha crayons dhan venum. Nee andha box eduthuko." Dvi had been the first to raise her voice.

"No. Idhu dhan ennudhu. Unnudhula green crayon irukaadhu. Adhu dhan yours." Tvi had countered.

Sensing he would have to put out the fire before it was his turn to speak on the call, Ashwin had quickly excused himself to pacify the tiny fighters. "Girls. No saththam seri a? Appa is on a work call. Chamatha irundha this weekend pizza order pannalam seri a?" He knew he shouldn't make this a habit, but desperate times called for desperate measures and if pizza was a solution, then why not!