Chapter Six: Another Unexpected Encounter

"You want us to go outside the bunker, track down and capture Kane, and bring him here? I am up for that!" declared an excited Jenny.

"Let's do it," Dan spoke, an evil look on his visor.

"Great! You start tomorrow. We will supply you with some weaponry to combat any opposing drones on the outside." announced the Headmaster. "Now complete your classes for the day, and report here first thing tomorrow.

"Got it!" replied the three, as they walked back to History.

Back at the Base/L POV

Kane had finished reading emails and was working on renovations with I and G and by that, we were tearing out ceiling tiles and ripping out ventilation systems to create beds for I and G. I was standing on the ceiling, trying to create a roof exit for me and G. Kane was machining a bed for us in the filming area, with no difficulty at all. He appears to not be as depressed anymore, after getting out of the colony, and even smiles at us sometimes! I felt the feeling of being watched repeatedly, but G and Kane reassured me that A was probably at the spire or elsewhere. G walked in from the back entrance, holding some scraps of metal that he placed near Kane.

A POV

How wrong L was. I was right there, watching them turn this shop into a reasonable living space! One they would actually be using! For some reason, I felt jealous, something that I had never felt before. Usually, we were emotionless most of the time, but this was different. I decide to make an entrance and opened the door. I would have to resist the urge to kill Kane, but that was easy enough. I opened the door, L fell off the ceiling onto G, which brought Kane out to see what happened. All three of them looked at me, and I looked at all three of them.

"Is this A? If so, can you like not murder me yet?" Kane asked, to which I responded that "I probably will not. I am just here to ask L and G what they are doing!"

"We are making beds for ourselves..." L started, followed by G stating that "You cannot stop us at all. In fact, want to help us out?"
Of course, I wanted to join them!
"Sure, but why are we sparing Kane specifically?" I responded, excited at working with metal, but curious as to why this Kane is being spared by us.

"Time for some explaining!" L declared as G sat me down on a makeshift bed.

After Explaining Kane's Backstory Again...

"And we are making this place our home!" G finished, as he helped me stand up. I was a bit shocked at how people who are supposed to help him try and drive him to death but were overall unfazed.

"While I am unfazed, living here seems to be a great idea! I was getting tired of the landing pod."

"Nice! Want to work on assembling the beds? I'll switch to getting some items for the place!" Kane stated as he started taking out boxes from the cabinets.
"Yeah!" I replied, already slicing some of the metal using my claws. Today was going to be a great day.

Search Team POV

Dan, Peter, and Jenny stood at the main doors, covered to the brim with mountain gear, and armed with some pistols. They headed out, and the doors closed behind them. They started heading towards the spire, the area tense. The spire was a tower made out of pure corpses, and it was tall. Really tall.

"Why are we trying to capture Kane again?" Jenny asked Dan, to which he replied that "We will take Kane to the Operator, let him get released back into society, then we murder him."

"Sounds great to me!" Jenny started, happy with the plan. They would say more, but they were interrupted by a drone landing behind them, ready to slaughter them. He looked puzzled for a second, but that was all the time they needed, as they took out their pistols and fired on the murder drone. He immediately flew away, until they were bombarded with bullets from a machine gun. The three decided to run and hid in a nearby abandoned building. They ducked behind a set of crates and waited for the murderous robot to leave.

"Come out, come out wherever you are!" boomed an unknown voice, likely the one that was searching for them. Suddenly, a crate near them exploded after being shot at. The splinters went everywhere and covered Dan, Peter, and Jenny. The echoing footsteps of the killer drone echoed throughout the building, keeping the trio silent.

"Hey A, want to bring the gang here and play hide and seek with a few workers? Excluding Kane, of course!" The drone asked, likely into a sort of radio. In seconds, multiple voices entered the area, one being extremely familiar.

Narrator POV

"Who are we hunting?" Kane asked, curious as to what they are exactly doing.

"Three worker drones apparently. Oh right, I should probably tell you that this happens a lot. We like playing with our prey." L stated, all three of their eyes turning to X's when she recalled that. With that, all four of them spread out. The building appeared to be a warehouse. Dan, Peter, and Jenny were still behind the boxes, when one crate's side fell off, revealing a set of EMP's, many of which were active. They were used by the police force in order to incapacitate any unruly robots, but they would be used for a terrible purpose today. They each took a EMP and charged it. Peter threw an extra one into the wall, attracting L, G, A, and Kane to the area. When they were close enough, the trio sprung up from their hiding spots and activated the EMP.

"THAT'S A EMP, RUN-" G yelled before all four of them went through a forced shut down due to the EMP's.

Search Team POV

It was a tiring task, but the trio got all four of their targets to the door. The guards there were terrified of the three killer drones, even though they were asleep. The guard took the four from there and placed them in a collective holding cell. Soon, they all woke up and realized their situation. They had been captured, and they might be in danger, as some guards walked up to them.