Chapter Twenty: Arguments and Third Contact

Kane POV

Did I just drink the oil from a worker? It tasted great, but I know that I probably terrified literally everyone else around me. I still cannot believe that the oil actually tasted good! What was I missing from my whole life!? We soon arrived at my house and walked into the basement with everyone else.

"Kane, are you okay?" G asked me, a bit worried.

"Yeah, not like I'm going to murder you in your sleep or anything. Oil just... tastes good." I replied, hoping the tension dropped.

"Yeah, but you ripped the worker apart using nothing but your teeth. I just did not expect you to be able to do that so easily!" L countered.

"You are literal Disassembly Drones!? You murder people for a living!? How are you surprised!?" Jennifer asked, shocked and angry.

"WE NEED TO KILL TO SURVIVE!?" G shouted angrily.

"AND WE DO NOT PULL WORKERS APART USING OUR TEETH?!" A yelled in rage.

"A, YOU OPENED THE DRAWER?! YOU LITERALLY CAUSED THIS!?" Bethany countered, also joining in the fight.

"DO NOT SPRING THIS ON ME!? KANE ATE THAT CORPSE!?" A replied, annoyed.

"EXCUSE ME!? I LITERALLY WALKED AWAY FROM THE DRAWERS!? YOU DRAGGED ME OVER THERE!?" I replied, on the verge of attacking A.

"A, THIS IS LITERALLY ALL OF YOUR FAULT!" G yelled as he charged A. A also charged G, not before I tripped him, sending him to the floor. G stopped when he saw A on the floor and sat back down. L, who was running to stop G, crashed into G when he stopped suddenly.

"What just happened!?" Stacey asked as she came down the stairs.

Stacey POV

G and L were on the floor, followed by A and Kane. Bethany and Jennifer were looking shocked, and I was just confused.

"Alright, everyone sit down..." I ordered as I sat down as well.

"What happened that was so bad that A and G tried to attack each other?"

"Kane drank the oil from a corpse after A opened a drawer for him. We were all shocked at what happened, and then we started arguing about whether Kane or A caused Kane to rip that corpse apart. Soon, the place was a shouting match, and G charged A, who did likewise." answered Bethany.

"This is WAY out of my area of expertise, and I originally came down here in order to tell you that the antenna shift has left, and the room is free. Now, Kane, A, and G are going to be in timeout at the antenna room." I answered, trying to deal with the situation effectively.

"What entails 'timeout' for them?" L asked me.

"They do not get to speak to earth today, and they need to work out their differences QUIETLY while we are in the antenna room." I replied as I grabbed a chair to get into the vent.

At the Antenna Room...

Kane, A, and G were sitting at the corner of the room, 'chilling out' apparently. I, L, Bethany, and Jennifer were sitting near the terminal, speaking to the humans.

"We're back!"

"Hello again!"

"Any news on the pod?"

"Yes. The GSA assessed the situation on Copper 9, and have determined that it is not safe to send an unmanned pod there, so you are getting a crew!"

"What was this 'assessment' based on?"

"The atmospheric conditions, the inhabitants and their armaments, and your location."

"Interesting."

"Correct me if I am wrong, but you did say that G, L, and A required oil to prevent overheating?"

"Yes. A and G are unavailable to speak, but I can get L."

"Why are they unavailable to speak?"

"They and Kane had a disagreement over something."

"What happened?"

"Kane's programming is bugged, causing him to have a taste for oil. When we went to cold storage to dispose of some recently acquired dead bodies, A opened a drawer for Kane, which he drank dry. We went back soon after, and everyone got into a shouting match. Interestingly enough, G charged A, who did the same thing. The only reason they are alive is because Kane tripped A, and L stopped G."

"That escalated quickly. How did you handle it?"

"I put all three of them in timeout."

"Well- Hold on a second, I have to check something."

I was wondering what they needed to check on, when I heard Kane and A speaking.

"Look, I am sorry for opening that drawer. This was my fault." A told Kane.

"No, I should have kept my mind in check. I'm sorry for blaming this on you." Kane replied to A.

"What? Your processors are bugged, you could not have resisted the urge! The corpse was right in front of you!" A countered to Kane.

"Either way, I'm not reverting the fact that the oil was great!" Kane answered to A.

"I feel bad for basically trying to charge you, A." G interjected.

"No, G, that was a perfectly alright response to your friend being shouted at." A told G.

"No, that was completely unreasonable. Hey Kane, when we get out of timeout, want to head to cold storage?" G asked Kane.

"Hell yes! I've been dying for some more oil. Not literally though." Kane replied. "A will probably want to join us."

"Hell yea I do!" A informed Kane. "Maybe I can go hunting with you when we head back to the base!"

"Great! Then it's settled! You are part Disassembly Drone! Figuratively and Literally!" G announced excitedly.

"All of you are now out of time out. This better not occur again." I informed them as I walked over. They each assured me that this would not occur again, and headed over to the console.

"Hey Stacey, there's a new message!" Jennifer shouted excitedly.

"What does it read?" I asked her.

"Woah, you have got to come to see this!" Kane shouted as he dragged me over by the arm.

"I am back. They have launched the pod. They estimate it will be here in a few days. At this point, nothing can go wrong! Get ready to come home!"