Chapter Thirteen: Getting Captured. Again.

Kane POV

I was expecting to wake up at the Base but instead woke up inside yet another cell. I immediately turned to the cell bars and faked sleeping. Two guards roamed around, speaking to each other. As they leaned against the cell bars, I managed to swipe one of their key cards and continue to pretend to sleep. They soon left, and I used my switched out my hand for claws, and cut the slits in the vent, creating the appearance I had gone into the ventilation system again. I managed to open my cell door and escape the facility with no casualties. An alarm soon sounded in the facility, and I started running as stealthy as possible from the area. I soon saw a saving grace, which was one of my greatest fears. A school bus, one that was picking up children. I crept over to it and got on without anyone noticing. I soon realized that this bus was heading to my old school, where anybody could spot me, and turn me in. I saw all the workers out there, and for a second, my eyes switched to an X, nearly making me jump. I was not a murderer... Mostly. The bus came to a stop, and I maneuvered away from the school district to locate a potential escape area. I knew that most of the doors near the edge of the building the colony was housed in were sealed ages ago, which did not prohibit force entry or forced exit in this case. I sighted a construction site and ran over as stealthy as possible. I managed to scavenge an angle grinder, a power supply, a crowbar, and a wooden plank. I transported the materials to a secluded area of the building, intending to use the grinder and the crowbar to cut my door out, and escape. Before I could do that, I sensed someone watching me. I turned around, to see that it was Peter, anger and horror visible in his eyes. Soon, there was fire in my eyes, and I spoke.

"Peter! Thought you would have learned your lesson after Jenny!" I spoke, ready to murder him.

"This is revenge!" Peter countered as he charged me. He was always more brawn than processors, which would be his downfall. I tripped him, kneeled on him, and switched out for an X.

"Oh, Peter... You have just made the greatest mistake of your to-be-now painful ending to your life..." I commented slowly as I took out my claws. "What do you think of this? Your opinion doesn't matter right now."

I started by cutting cubes out of Peter, soon ruining his voice processors. He had a terrified expression on his face, which made me happy. Soon, Peter was destroyed, his bulky head the only remains of him. I started cutting out the section of the wall using the grinder, and it fell out without even needing the crowbar. Outside, a snowstorm was underway, leaving me stuck inside for now.

"OMG that guy is back and he killed someone!" I heard a pair of familiar female voices squeal.

"Isn't school supposed to be in session for both of you?" I asked, already dreading the conversation even though it had already started.

"Yeah, but we just HAD to skip when that facility alarm was heard across the town. Everyone knew that someone had escaped again, and we knew we would find you here." answered one of the pair.

"While we are here, we might as well do introductions, my name is K, and you are?" I asked, quickly catching my mistake. "Did I say K!? I meant Kane, sorry."

"Don't worry about it. I'm Bethany, and this is Jennifer." replied the worker wearing a pink bow tie on her head.

"So, why exactly are you not afraid of me even though I could probably murder you both right now." I wondered out loud, hoping for a good response.

"The social circles at school are boring, and so are literally everyone else we have met. You are actually interesting," answered Jennifer.

Great. I've found Jenny's clone, who cloned herself again and raised the pitch of their voice generator.

"So before I ask a barrage of questions, what do YOU want to ask me?" I asked them, realizing the irony.

"Why do you want to escape here?" Bethany asked, to which I answered that my real friends are outside, and I have a ton of bad memories here.

The snowstorm had finally cleared up, and all three of us realized that. I asked Jennifer and Bethany to not speak of this encounter, and I went outside. I decided to check on the door when three murder drones landed around me. They looked nothing like A, L, and G, and one of them asked me to follow them. Terrified, and knowing that I would probably die if I did not, following them was the better option, which I proceeded to do. I was soon at a different spire and tired up to a chair made out of arms. I was waiting for them to leave when it finally sparked for me.

"I am guessing that you are the 'taskforce' I have heard so much about." I inquired cautiously. I did not have any experience being a captive, but I had some time and tricks, one of which was to not be rude.

"For a barely sentient toaster, you finally put it together." answered one of the murder drones.

"What did they give you?" I decided to firmly ask.

"Access to the cold storage, where you would have been if we did it has a deal with them." replied the other murder drone.

"Great. I've been wondering, just how many of you are here?" I wondered.

"Well over a thousand of us are here." the done replied, the others leaving to go hunting. "Also, we decided to spare your acquaintances over there."

Great! This chair looks like it could come apart at any second. I think I can probably make a break to that car over there. I just hope it has fuel. I soon executed my plan, and the done was taken aback by escape. I hopped into the car, which now looked like a jeep, and turned the ignition. The keys were still in the ignition and the jeep started. I slammed the accelerator, and it skidded off. Soon, I realized I was being followed. By multiple drones. Who had their guns out.

We were in a chase, and a chase that could not end well.