Oneshot: Christmas Special (Santa Edition)

Editor Note
Merry Christmas to you all, and happy new year (soon)!
-RandomWriter225

Back At The Base/L POV

It was December 24th, one week before Christmas on earth, and 24 hours on Copper 9, as the night started, and everyone got up.

"Why do I feel overly festive this week?" Kane asked as he got up from his bed.

"Probably something to do with the fact that it is December 25th on earth," Stacey said as she checked the calendar.

"What's with that specific day?" A asked from the rafters.

"It's the week before Christmas," Stacey answered, moving some boxes around.

"What is Christmas?" asked Kane and everyone around, including me. Stacey appeared shocked at this new development and immediately sat us down.

"It is a time where everyone celebrates life and stuff by putting ornaments on trees and giving presents to each other. They have special dinners, choirs to sing these songs, and Santa!"

Every drone in the base, including me, looked intrigued, hoping to meet this 'Santa', so Stacey continued.

"Santa is a man who eats the milk and cookies you are supposed to set out, in exchange for giving gifts to everyone in the 'family'! Be warned, if you have been a bad person, you will only get coal. You cannot meet Santa, since he delivers in the middle of the night, or when everyone is asleep!"

Immediately, everyone looked amazed and appeared to want to celebrate Christmas.

"How do we attract this 'Santa'?" I asked, to which Stacey replied that we needed christmas decorations all over the base, a decorated tree, stockings, And milk and cookies.

Stacey POV

How am I going to tell them that Santa is only a myth? I'm not even sure he can come to Copper 9, even if he exists! Everyone already went to get materials to decorate the base, which lead Stacey to somehow get milk and cookies. Thankfully, her AFG could synthesize those easily, and she was set. After getting the things and placing them on the counter, Stacey had to find gifts for the gang, ones that they would like! I'll need a Christmas miracle to pull this off!

G POV

Christmas lights were a pain to find. I needed a set that had intact bulbs and still had wires in them. I broke into a storefront and looked for lights. After a collapsed shelf later, I finally found a roll of Christmas lights. I got them over to the base and started putting them up. I needed a way to plug them into the main power supply, to turn them on. I found a nearby extension cord, and plugged it in inside the base, lead the cord outside, and hooked up the Christmas lights. Immediately, they started changing colours, and I knew that my task was complete.

L POV

A tree. On the desolate planet of Copper 9. Where was I supposed to find a tree!? Ever since we arrived here, every tree around was dead! I soon accidentally found Stacey's old house and decided to check it out. Inside was the one thing I needed. A tree inside a greenhouse. Which I was supposed to transport to the base, somehow. I decided to open the door a bit, to slowly expose the tree to conditions on Copper 9. Snow immediately formed on the leaves, but that was expected. I carefully severed the tree from its base and started hauling it back to the base. I soon arrived and saw G putting up the Christmas lights. Most of the leaves had fallen off by now, and the branches were fragile, but I finally set it down inside the base.

A POV

I'll be surprised if ornaments still exist on Copper 9. I flew around and stopped at a house in a neighbourhood. Walking inside, the place looked relatively intact, with the walls still standing, even while they were riddled with cracks. I went to a set of boxes and started looking in them. There were Christmas decorations, with ornaments! It was like Christmas for me, as I could finally bring all of this back! The boxes were heavy, but I managed to get them outside. I soon flew over to the base, the house finally giving way and falling. The glowing lights of the base finally came into view, and I saw L hauling a tree into the building. When I entered, L was sitting down on her bed, and I started decorating the now-dead tree. It actually looked good when I was finished. L looked over at G and sat down. Kane had also arrived, with customized stockings for us, all with the first letter of our names! Kane hung them on the edges of our beds, and sat down with us. Stacey was still outside, working on something else. All of us eventually powered down, really tired.

Stacey POV

Three dead workers for A, L, and G, and new sets of clothing for Kane and I. I finally wrapped all of them in boxes, and waited until everyone was asleep. When they were, I placed all the presents under the tree, ate  the cookies, and drank the milk, and went to sleep with everyone else.

In the Morning...

We all woke up, and were surprised to get 2 presents each! I only placed 1 present for each of us! While I was trying to figure out where the other set came from, I saw a figure fly into the sky. I turned to the tree, and A, L, and G devoured my presents, and ripped open the other set, along with Kane. While he was surprised to get a new set of clothing, we were all surprised to get a photo frame in the other set. All of us got one, in fact. I turned it around, and saw a photo of all of us in it. We all smiles happily when we saw it, and we hung it on our beds. We were all smiling, and sitting down together, just as we were in the photo. I felt great, because I managed to pull it off, even though I did not need to. It was a great year, and I looked forward to the new year.