Chapter Nineteen: The Waiting Game

Back at Kane's colony house/Kane POV

A few days. How was I supposed to survive a few days?! It was Monday when I turned myself in, which means I have four more days of school before a two-day break! I was, unfortunately, walking to the one place I hated, which was my school. I could immediately tell that everyone has not gotten over the shock of me being back. Immediately, two familiar voices called out to me.

"Kane! You come here as well!?" yelled Jennifer, and she and Bethany walked to me.

"Yeah, but we are in separate classes. Maybe I'll see you in passing, but you-know-who will probably be watching you from the ducts.

Bethany POV

The class had started, and indeed, I saw a pair of yellow ovals watching me. Jennifer and I gave a calm smile, which was returned. I could tell that the drone was A and that he was watching the teacher. This was LA, a boring class at best, a gruelling class at worst. Thankfully, G was to the rescue and shut off the lights. As we were in pitch black, we heard a door open, followed by the lights coming back on. Jennifer knew that L had opened the door. We smiled at the vents and got one in return. It was a fanged smile, but a smile nonetheless. The class soon ended, with the scared teacher sitting at his desk.

Jennifer POV

School was tiring, but we has a few hours to do whatever we wanted before our father demanded us home. We soon arrived at Kane's house and immediately saw A sitting on the couch in the basement. Bethany had already finished her homework and was speaking with G. Kane, Stacey, and L were talking about disposal methods for bodies. I was sitting alone, working on my homework. After a minute, I slammed the pencil on the desk and held my head in my hands.

"Hey Bethany, struggling with your homework?" A asked me.

"Yep. It is the multiplication that gets me. And the division. Order of operations is hard!" I replied, feeling mentally drained.

"Wait, you don't know everything already? That's how they programmed us." A countered, a bit shocked.

"They are making us learn it 'the human way'. Why? No idea!" I answered. "Theu just give you all the information? Lucky!"

"I'll help you out! The error that you are making is that you do addition/subtraction AFTER the multiplication and division. See for example..."

After a ton of time of A teaching Bethany mathematics..

"You are a better teacher than my actual teacher!" I exclaimed, happy that I was finally getting it.

"No problem. Need any more help, just yell for me." A replied as he walked to Stacey, Kane, and L, I in tow.

"Hey A! Hey Bethany! Know any ways we could dispose of five certain bodies?" L asked me, looking exasperated.

"The cold storage?" I replied. All three of them looked at me shocked, before Stacey exclaimed that "how the hell did we not think of that!?"

A doorbell suddenly rang. The three drones got into their hiding spots, which was really the attic in Kane's house. Stacy hid in the closet, and I and Jennifer went with Kane to the door. When we opened it, a group of two was standing there, with a flyer in their hands. The flyer was a missing poster, and I took it, and closed the door.

"Whos the missing person?" Jennifer asked as A peeked from the stairs.

"Its the girls who came over here." Kane said as he shredded the poster using his claws. He tossed the remains in the trash as L jumped into the room.

"Too bad they won't leave!" G said as he pulled the bodies into the vents, preparing them for cold storage.

"So... What now?" Kane asked; suddenly bored. G had already exited the vents, and sat down with us in a circle.

"Hey Kane, how is your hand?" A asked me, stirring up conversation.

"It is alright! Nothing odd has happened except a few urges to drink oil.

"As in..." G asked me, a bit concerned.

"Yeah. Nothing I can't handle though." I replied, hoping to change the subject.

"You would be surprised how many undrained workers are in the cold storage area!" G suddenly explained, trying to create conversation.

"Hey, let's head over there in these vents! Kane, Bethany, and Jennifer can guard the door!" A exclaimed, already heading for the vent.

At 'Cold Storage'/L POV

The area was massive. Thousands of drawers, all filled with corpses. G and I immediately started opening drawers, while Bethany and Jennifer went over to the door. Kane turned to the door, but A asked him to come with him. Intrigued, I snuck a long glance at them while drinking a worker dry. A opened a drawer, and Kane looked at the corpse. G also noticed, and asked A to come over here.

"A! What the actual hell do you think you are doing?!" G asked, enraged. I have never seen him this angry at all.

"I was giving him a chance to give in to his temptation-" A started before being grabbed by the neck by G.

"What the actual-" G responded before I pointed G's head over to Kane, who had ripped into the worker and drunk it dry. It did not even resemble a worker anymore, just pure metal. Kane was still going at it as well, his visor displaying a blue X. He had a wide smile as he tore out worker guts. G appeared to be terrified, and A was smiling as well. I was shocked, and Bethany and Jennifer were about to faint. Kane had stopped mutilating the worker, and turned to us.

"What? You literally opened that drawer for me. What did you expect?" Kane asked A sarcastically.

"We only drink them dry, not RIP THEM APART WITH OUR OWN TEETH!?" A responded, suprised.

"Someone is coming!" Bethany alerted as we all retested into the vent. We all stayed a slightly longer distance from Kane, for obvious reasons.