Episode Ten

"Why did you fly here Jin? Why LA? Why come to my shoot, my movie?" Jimin said as he opened the back room for actors. He waited for Jin to walk inside, hand lingering on the doorknob before stepping inside after him.

Jungkook's chest hammered as he lingered by the wall. The door was left open enough for him to easily overhear and see the conversation between the two men. His head told him to run, but his body refused.

He's playing with you; Taehyung's voice rang. Jungkook tried to shrug it off, counter that he was just making sure Jimin was okay, but ... how well did he really know Jimin? He trusted him, wanted to trust his word and his actions, but Jungkook wasn't new to being blind sighted by those he chose to trust.

He maneuvered to peak through the slightly opened door to see Jin resting his elbows on his knees, leaning forward, eyes intent as he sat on a red couch in the middle of the room.

Jungkook felt stupid, like he was some James Bond spy listening in on a conversation. He couldn't even imagine how he got himself in the situation in the first place. There was only one week between Jimin looking like he'd stab him in the side, laughing while he did it, and now leaning on Jungkook for support. One week difference!

He's playing with you. Taehyung's voice repeated.

Jungkook watched as Jin outstretched a hand and wrapped it softly around Jimin's own, like Jimin's fingers in his was something delicate, something important. Jungkook frowned, a cold sensation rushed down his spine as he watched Jin hold Jimin's hand like that.

"Jimin, my love. My beautiful, beautiful partner. What choice did I have? You showed up to my house a couple weeks ago - while I'm still on contract to film in South Korea - telling me we're breaking up. Then you leave for LA before I even had a chance to speak." Jin raised Jimin's palm to his lips and pressed a kiss into it. Jimin's face paled. "You didn't pick up and of my calls," he gave another small kiss, "ignored my plea from Taehyung - who thank God was in LA for fashion week to reach out to you - but you wouldn't even listen to him. Then the article comes out as Super Tuna wrapped and - Jimin how could I not fly to LA? I love you, you've been a part of me for years and then just disappeared. I can recognize a plea when I see one."

Jungkook suddenly found the hallway too quiet. Something in his stomach dropped and Taehyung's voice finally stopped ringing in his head. The silent replacement was much worse. What am I doing here?

A part of him wished to push the door closed or walk away, but either movement would bring too much attention. Jin's voice was so raw even Jungkook hurt for him. I'm gonna be sick, he thought. His heart knotted and a weight dropped onto his shoulders. There was a second this week, just a moment, where he thought he'd broken through Jimin's crazy walls only for it to be...a lie? an act? The way Jin held Jimin's hand, the way he looked at him like Jimin was the entire world and he rotated around him, it felt like a knife slicing down Jungkook's back.

"What article? Everyone keeps talking about this article." Jimin said, taking his hand out of Jin's grasp.

Jin frowned. "Baby. The one of you out with Jungkook."

This time Jimin frowned.

"With Jungkook? That's why you came to LA? I knew it. I knew there was something."

"Baby." Jin hushed dismissively, reaching to cup Jimin's cheek but Jimin maneuvered out of the touch.

"And Tae didn't just 'talk' to me. I thought he invited me over as a friend and - he was only working for you. I went there thinking I could have a fun night only for everything I said to be dismissed as my 'confusion.' The whole night was about you! I'm not confused, Jin. How dare you weaponize my friends against me."