Episode Twenty-Two

There was a part of Jungkook that hated Jimin's apartment. It was beautiful, housed in one of the tallest skyscrapers in Seoul that only the height of Korean society or celebrities could reach. Jimin lived in a penthouse with windows that bled in both the morning and setting sun as if the light was specially made to blanket his foyer. His furniture was tasteful, a mix of whites and pinks and gold with colorful paintings covering the walls.

But Jimin had been in a relationship on and off for over six years. While two months had passed since Jimin had finally ended it with Seokjin and the man seemed to be giving the couple space back in Seoul, there were still ghosts of him scattered around. A pink plush pillow Seokjin had undoubtedly bought. A pair of mugs that matched in a vine and flower theme. A coffee machine Jimin never touched but it was too expensive to toss away.

Jungkook sat now, staring at the pink pillow Jimin had shoved into his living room corner, with his hands draped around the back of a white couch. How many nights had he spent here now, watching movies or drinking wine with Jimin? Did he leave any traces of himself? Did Jimin notice?

"Jungkook." Jimin's voice said as he walked out of his room, the sheets of the bed still disheveled from their morning together. Jungkook smirked then. Jimin blushed.

"You're thinking something dirty, aren't you?"

"Always." Jungkook said grinning as he leaned forward, eyes tracing Jimin from head to toe. He wore a suit, black like the night sky and that fit his frame like water flowing down it. He wore no shirt under it. Instead, a long silver necklace reached past his collar bones.

"Do you think this is too much for the premier?" Jimin asked, his hands making small fists by his sides. "I mean it's what my stylist thinks I should go with but it's a wholesome romantic movie about baking. I'm not sure if this is too ... sexy?"

Jungkook breath stuck in his throat, drinking Jimin in like wine. He walked up to him then, loving how Jimin looked up at him through his thick lashes as he approached. Jimin blinked and Jungkook's hand cupped the side of his cheek before tracing down his shoulder, the fabric of the suit jacket was rich under his fingertips.

"It's because the media still believes we're rivals." Jungkook said, kissing the top of Jimin's head. "They're pulling no stops on the outfit for me either. But I could never beat you, Jimin. No one could rival you."

Jimin laughed, pushing Jungkook on the chest slightly. "Jungkook, be serious."

"I am." Jungkook said, grinning at the hickey's on Jimin's neck. "We're still pitted against each other out there."

Jimin ran a hand through his hair, looking out towards the Seoul Skyline.

"Jin's going to be there. At the premier." Jimin said and the air dulled in the room. "Taehyung called me today too. He wants to meet up sometime."

Jungkook frowned. "What did you say to him?"

Jimin shrugged. "I don't know, the premier isn't for another couple of months so there's time on the Jin thing. But, doesn't it feel off? That he's leaving us alone? He hasn't even come to pick up his things. It makes me nervous."

Jungkook threaded his fingers with Jimin's, giving them a squeeze.

"And Taehyung?"

"I told him I needed time."

Jungkook nodded, pulling Jimin into his chest and holding him. Jimin's hands went to Jungkook's waist and lingered there as Jungkook began to stroke his hair.

"You look beautiful, by the way." Jungkook finally said, his voice low and gravelly. "I'm not sure I pointed that out yet."

Jimin smiled against Jungkook's chest. "You didn't say the words, exactly."