Episode Fourteen

Fishy Fishy

Jungkook's head felt heavy as he woke up to the empty imprint of Jimin's next to him. He rolled onto his back, ignoring the half thrown sheets behind him or the lingering sweet rose scent of his friend. With a slow sigh, he ran a hand down his face, staring up at the ceiling.

He could hear the sound of his shower head shut off, ending the constant hum of water hitting the bathroom tiles. Jimin had gotten up about an hour ago and Jungkook didn't have the energy to wake up with him. Instead he laid and listened to the water run, pretending to sleep as he tried to get his shit together.

Jungkook's hand still buzzed where Jimin had held it, even while sleeping their fingers hadn't untangled. In fact, it was Jimin slipping out of Jungkook's palm this morning that had woken Jungkook up in the first place. But if he opened his eyes Jimin might say something - anything - and then they'd have to discuss it. The hand hold. 

Or worse, Jimin wouldn't mention it at all. So Jungkook pretended he was still sleeping.

Namjoon's smile flashed across Jungkook's mind on the mornings they'd wake up to one another. His past fiancé woke up at the crack of dawn and slowly Jungkook started to wake up with him. His morning energy never matched Namjoon's but the couple used to go work out together before the day fully started and then shower together right after too. Jungkook glanced back at the now empty side of the bed Jimin had slept in and wondered how long it'd been since he'd woken up to the sight of disheveled sheets and a different scent on his pillows than his own.

Jungkook smiled sadly, swallowing.

A moment passed before Jungkook brushed his fingers through his messy hair and finally sat up, comforted to feel his hand move steadily than the usual shake memories of Namjoon caused.

"Oh. You're up!" Jimin's bright voice sang as he walked back into Jungkook's room with a towel shaking the water out of his hair. He changed into a pair of shorts and a gray turtleneck that was hiding underneath a large black hoodie he'd brought with him. Jimin's face was bare and it shocked Jungkook how dark his natural lashes were.

"Did you see the text Yoongi sent?" Jimin asked.

Jungkook blinked.

"Shooting is pushed back. Apparently, Hoseok's pretty sick and Director Min wants to stay with him while he recovers. So, we have the next couple days off."

"Oh." Jungkook blinked. Jimin looked so comfortable standing in Jungkook's doorway. He leaned against the frame; one foot crossed in front of the other as if he had lived in Jungkook's apartment for years. Sometimes, when Jungkook slept in, Namjoon would stand in the doorway of their old apartment with two coffees in his hand. They were made black and always hot as Namjoon kissed the side of Jungkook's head, urging the both of them to start their day together.

"Did Seokjin call you?" Jungkook asked, balling his hands into fists in hopes that his nails digging into his skin could stop their slight shake. He stood up, walking over to the closet and started changing with his back to Jimin. He needed to get his mind off of Namjoon. Fast.

He couldn't watch Jimin stand in that doorway anymore.

Jungkook slid his shirt off, revealing his muscled, bare back and he heard Jimin's breath catch in his throat. Jungkook smirked despite himself, peaking at the small blush on Jimin's cheeks.

"Yea. Sixteen missed calls and ten messages. Two of which were audio."

"Did you respond?" Jungkook asked, taking a little longer than he needed to stretch the black t-shirt over his shoulders. He glanced again at Jimin who looked away the second their eyes met, and his face reddened further.