Episode Twenty-Four

Hey loves ~ it's been a hot minute hasn't it? Long story short, I failed some really important exams and had to focus entirely on fixing my grades up until now which is why this fic hasn't seen an update in a while. But, one thing about me is that no matter how long it takes, I always finish

(My fics!! I always finish my fics!! Jesus, you guys have dirty minds.)

Anyways, I'm going to do a double update today. I really am sorry; I know it can be frustrating waiting so long, but it means the world that you've stuck around anyway

____________________

"Jungkook." Jimin's voice echoed, fighting with the cafe music and clang of mugs. Cars whisked by underneath the balcony they sat at, adding to the general city noise.

Jungkook swallowed - or at least he could swear that his body did. Something hot and bitter made its way down his throat and Jungkook had the waking realization that he was drinking an Americano. He frowned, feeling himself take another sip of the drink as if someone else was piloting his body.

"What?" Jungkook asked, shaking his head as he inspected the two-white cafe balcony overlooking a much too bright sun. It was rare that Seoul had no clouds. What time was it, he wondered. How did he get here? Wasn't he just in bed?

The panic attack seemed to linger in his chest. He remembered waking up in Jimin's room after it, remembered feeling safe and happy and then the second Jungkook went home alone it was like a massive wall dropped in his mind. The world just got - distant. Cold.

Maybe that wake up with Jimin was just a buffer before it all hit him.

"I said my birthday is this weekend. I was wondering if you wanted to do something together."

Namjoon was in Seoul. Not just in Seoul but close. Was this cafe near Jimin's apartment complex? Jungkook had to go back to that market across Jimin's street. Stalk out the venders, maybe sit out as a customer in case Namjoon visited it again. What would he do if he ran into him? Would he be able to say anything? Would he cry again or would he be able to go up to him? Talk to him?

"Oh, that's good." Jungkook replied in auto pilot, looking out into the tall silver building around them, their windows reflecting the Han River, a beautiful vast of water that cut right through Seoul's center. How much did Namjoon visit that market? Was it even often enough to run into him?

Why do I care so much?

Jungkook couldn't shake the image of that golden ring on Namjoon's finger. It glinted the first time Jungkook noticed it, but with each replay in his mind the jewelry glowed brighter and brighter until Jungkook was worried it would burn off of him.

"I was thinking we could go to this new restaurant my friend is opening." Jimin said and when Jungkook didn't respond he leaned forward on his elbows and added: "It's called SEOK-JIN EATS ASS."

God, Namjoon had looked perfect. Put together in his coat and his dark hair shaping just right against his face. It was unfair, really. But then again what did Jungkook expect? For bags to be under his eyes? Maybe he wanted Namjoon to look just a bit more out of place as if he didn't get to destroy Jungkook's heart only to live the effortless, happy life that he wanted. One that didn't include Jungkook.

"JUNGKOOK IS A STRIPPER." Jimin said, waving his hands in front of Jungkook's vision.

Jungkook frowned. But Jungkook was happy now, too, he reminded himself. He also moved on, just as Namjoon had, so was he really in the right to be mad about it? Seeing him in person just made Jungkook feel so incredibly small.

"Jungkook fucks with his eyes fully open." Jimin tried again.

Jungkook took another sip of his Americano. No, Jungkook decided, it was okay for Jungkook to move on because he wasn't the one to cheat on Namjoon. He wasn't the one to break their promise and fuck someone else behind his back for years. If he got to see him again, talk with him, Jungkook made a note to say that.

"I fucked Taehyung last night." Jimin said, scanning Jungkook's face and rolling his eyes at the lack of a reaction. "It was an orgy, actually. Me, Taehyung, Seokjin. Oh, and the President of Korea was there too. He just liked to watch."

How much did that ring of his cost anyway, Jungkook wondered. Did he spend more or less on it than Jungkook's engagement ring? Jungkook swallowed again, his ring finger burning where he used to wear the silver band.

"Come on Jungkook, you have to give me something to work with here."

Jimin sighed, leaning against his seat. Jungkook looked at him finally, seeing his boyfriend looking equally as perfect in a flowy pink V-neck, tight pants, and a loose gold earring hanging from his left ear. He had makeup still on from an earlier photoshoot he'd shot solo for Vogue causing his lips to be impossibly pink and his eyes pop against his pale skin. Jungkook watched Jimin clench his jaw, pressing his hand against his lips as he looked around the empty cafe, he'd rented out just for them.

"It's been days, Jungkook. You've been distant since your panic attack. Which is fine, you know, maybe you weren't ready to cope with whatever you needed to cope with, but we had sex and then after you just ... shut down." Jimin said, his voice trailing off. "It feels kind of gross on my part."

Jungkook nodded slowly. Days. It'd been days since he ran into Namjoon for the first time in years. The woman too - Namjoon's wife - she'd been in LA. Jungkook was sure of it, her curls a storm around his soft features the night Jungkook had run from Jimin's place to look over the ocean.

"I'm sorry." He managed to say, seeing Jimin jump at his sudden reaction. Jimin was right, he had been a bit scattered all week, but the longer he went from the encounter with Namjoon the more it bothered him. Like a bug bite that took time to develop.

Would he be able to say anything to Namjoon's wife if he saw her again? His heart began to race at the thought of it - facing the woman Namjoon left him for. Cheated on him with. On one hand he wanted to cuss her out - on the other it wasn't her fault Namjoon did what he did.

Jimin waited for Jungkook to say more only for him to revert back into his thoughts.

"Or not, I guess. Let's just cry on Jimin's apartment floor then ghost him for four days only to then be an actual ghost when we see him." He murmured to himself, running a hand through his hair. "If I promise you sex again, will you talk to me?"

Jungkook's heart was pounding. He felt his whole body seem to shake in a cold, exhausted, sort of way. He'd go tomorrow, he decided. Stake out the market and maybe - just maybe he'd run into Namjoon.

Jimin finally gave up, pulling out his phone and hesitating before sending out a text. Then, he called for their receipt, paying for their coffees and the scones they'd eaten, before getting up out of his seat. He waited, giving Jungkook a beat to follow, and when Jungkook was still too caught up in his own head Jimin finally spun on his heel and left on his own.

Too long passed before Jungkook finally snapped out of his daze, realizing he hadn't moved from the cafe just as Taylor Swift had stayed at that restaurant in Right Where You Left Me. Jungkook tried to pay for his order only for the waiters to tell him that his 'friend' already had, and told him that Jimin had left nearly an hour ago.

"Fuck." Jungkook said, running a hand through his hair. He knew he was being unfair to Jimin, that he needed to be more present, but knowing of your demons and then confronting them head on were two different things. Namjoon wasn't just some ghost story anymore - he was real and Jungkook had to face him. Jimin should understand that more than anyone, Jungkook thought to himself selfishly.

_________
A/N
Double update today: one sec till I post up the next one!
-Vio